Just aquired a bunch of saws, maybe this will bring back some memories?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ease

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just got a bunch of saws, some good, some junk. Tinkering with all and then I'll sell them off one by one. Thought I'd share my new collection.

Anyone have any comments about any specific saw? Anything of value here?

3075883404_80b538ffb8.jpg

3075051133_48911f1a81.jpg

3075883290_a11fd76e03.jpg

3075051259_069b36140c.jpg

3075883464_c75affea4b.jpg

3075051425_44a1ddb07f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.er nightmare lane! The grey and black craftsman was the best chainsaw never built, still have mine and it runs when it wants to. It has cut a lot of wood as I won`t let it die. Now that little Remington Mighty Mite was a real workhorse for what you paid for them, my dad cut and cleared a 10 acre heavily forested piece of land near his home, the saw cost around $150. and cut over $8000. worth of saw logs mostly and some pulp in its first winters cutting, it went on to cut many years for him and I still have it here .
PIONEERGUY600

Thanks for all the replies.

if it is made of non plastic its got value

the 2nd picture tell me that is not plastic cover ?

That stihl is all metal. That was one of the ones I was thinking of keeping that for myself for climbing and limbing. What could it be worth, maybe I should polish it up instead?

Last edited:
That lil Remington is cool. Hmmm, one in each hand and a walk through the woods...

:cheers:

I've been checking completed items on eBay, and surprisingly, the home lite super 2 is one of the most valuable saws in that bunch. One in good shape, but obviously used, sold for 176$

I've been checking completed items on eBay, and surprisingly, the home lite super 2 is one of the most valuable saws in that bunch. One in good shape, but obviously used, sold for 176$

:jawdrop: That is just not right. I gave away several of these because I thought they were too small for normal people to use. Easy to work on, but not very powerful for real woodcutting applications, IMO.:cheers:

My brother in law has a couple Super 2's and I wouldn't give 15 cents for both of them (and I don't often turn down a Homelite). About the only good thing about them is you can separate the engine from the case to use on an RC project.

Latest posts

Back