Just bought a new BG86...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know it is not a chainsaw, but at least there are some in the pictures...

I am very impressed w/ this in the little time I have had to run it...Ten times better than the Craftsman I had before...As of right now I would recommend one in a heartbeat...

attachment.php

attachment.php

orderd mine yesterday.

im planning muff mod and carb tweak pretty much as i open up the box it comes in

Hoping the Craftsman is an easy fix...It only has 90lbs of compression, :confused: but it all looks good...Hopefully it is just a base gasket or loose head bolts...Kind of surprised at how well it is built, just didn't have time to tear it apart (the wife had leaves that need moved now and I had some work bonus burning a hole in my pocket)...

Hoping the Craftsman is an easy fix...It only has 90lbs of compression, :confused: but it all looks good...Hopefully it is just a base gasket or loose head bolts...Kind of surprised at how well it is built, just didn't have time to tear it apart (the wife had leaves that need moved now and I had some work bonus burning a hole in my pocket)...

I have an 8 yr old Craftsman and it's notorious for vibs and shaking loose the head bolts. Once the bolts come lose, the only way to keep them in is with lock tight.

I have an 8 yr old Craftsman and it's notorious for vibs and shaking loose the head bolts. Once the bolts come lose, the only way to keep them in is with lock tight.

A friend of mine had the same one and it did the same thing...He got sick of it and threw it away...I can play w/ it for what these things cost...

I just bought a Stihl br600 and it really rocks. Howerver, may get a replacement handheld because the BP is not convenient for small tasks. Been looking at the Stihl bg55, Echo pb-251 and Craftsman Pro (Yellow Husky 125Bx). The Sears Pro has good reviews, 3 yr warranty, and on sale this week.

I just bought a Stihl br600 and it really rocks. Howerver, may get a replacement handheld because the BP is not convenient for small tasks. Been looking at the Stihl bg55, Echo pb-251 and Craftsman Pro (Yellow Husky 125Bx). The Sears Pro has good reviews, 3 yr warranty, and on sale this week.

Red,

I have the BR600 and the BG85, the predecessor to the BG86. The perfect 2 blower plan.

ole joat

Couldn't get myself to spend the money on the backpack unit...:jawdrop:...

man my 86 should be here today or tommorrow and i could use it now on job im headed to. grrrrrrr it always bites havn to wait

I just got a used Stihl BR340 backpack that I've used once so far for leaf duty and I really like it. I can see how a handheld would have it's place, but my money only is allowing me one blower. 2 blowers would be nice, but for me I'm glad I went with the backpack for just having one blower.

Kevin

I just got a used Stihl BR340 backpack that I've used once so far for leaf duty and I really like it. I can see how a handheld would have it's place, but my money only is allowing me one blower. 2 blowers would be nice, but for me I'm glad I went with the backpack for just having one blower.

Kevin

Don't tell me that...:cry:

Don't tell me that...:cry:
Tell ya what i'm gonna do JUST for you. I will give you a crisp 100 dollar bill for the blower to put down on the backpack blower. Now i would only do this for you and nobody else. This also is a limited offer. Won't be available tommorrow so hurry With this wonderful offer.

Last edited:
How is the AV in the handle? I never thought that the handhelds gave off that many vibes but I guess the smoother the better...

I just bought a BG 86 as well. I used it to clean our yard the other day and I can't believe how well this thing works! Ran it about 4 hours straight - the AV works great!!!

NO NEED for a backpack blower - other than a few times in the fall blowing leaves, it will mainly be used to clean my sidewalk and driveway.

Last edited:
Tell ya what i'm gonna do JUST for you. I will give you a crisp 100 dollar bill for the blower to put down on the backpack blower. Now i would only do this for you and nobody else. This also is a limited offer. Won't be available tommorrow so hurry With this wonderful offer.

Do I have to tighten the head bolts first or is that something you can do....

Back