Just bought Makita EA5000PRGG, good idea?

• Thread starter Deleted member 152182
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 152182

Well just bought second chainsaw. first one was a stihl ms 193 T.

I was going to get an MS 261 but didntwant to wait for the local dealer to order one. The only local dealers around here are Ace stores and the highest end model they carry is the farm boss 271.

The makita ea5000prgg seemed to be a very similair saw. i dont see many peoples opinions about this model online. what are all of your thoughts.

It'll just be used occasionally maybe a couple times a month for tree removal. Nothing crazy huge though. this is arizona.

somebody make me feel good about my purchase.

It's a Pro Grade Dolmar (5100-5105). Very good saw.
Do a quick search on it.

A very capable 50cc saw that won't disappoint. I have the the Maruyama MCV51 which is the same saw, and I really like it. Stay on top of the tune and if you bought from a dealer, have him re-tune it with a tach after you get a few tanks through it. A lot of new saws seem to come tuned a bit lean from the factory.

A very capable 50cc saw that won't disappoint. I have the the Maruyama MCV51 which is the same saw, and I really like it. Stay on top of the tune and if you bought from a dealer, have him re-tune it with a tach after you get a few tanks through it. A lot of new saws seem to come tuned a bit lean from the factory.

You commenting on a Makita!! Like that's a shock.

You bought one of the better 50cc saws out there. No reason why you shouldn't feel good about your purchase. Enjoy!

Back