Just some pics from today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like all the downed trees where damaged or diseased ...Mother Nature has a way of thinning out the weak.your wood lot will be healthier and you got some nice firewood...other than all the work, I would say it's a win,,win situation..

Looks like you got some serious wood scrounging work ahead of you there! :msp_thumbup:
When I had someone ask me how's the woodlot looking (before the storm) I told them there is one tree down (it was uprooted & hung up) from the Micro Burst of 2008 that I plan on milling a nine foot section then use the rest for firewood, I should learn to keep my yap shut.

Looks like all the downed trees where damaged or diseased ...Mother Nature has a way of thinning out the weak.your wood lot will be healthier and you got some nice firewood...other than all the work, I would say it's a win,,win situation..

She sure does, one of the good things is very few basswood came down, I'd rather work on wood we can use. The worst part is this is the start of our high wind season an with hurricane season around the corner we could have more down.

I have one bigger Hemlock that is blocking the trail in that area that needs attention then all the trails I checked will be open, I have about three more areas that I need to check the trails.

This is the trail I'm talking about, I might mill a few of these.

View attachment 297384View attachment 297385View attachment 297386

Last edited:
Back