just starting to climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooch27

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am glad that someone told me about this forum. I am just staring to climb and I really love it. Only now I can do it safely. I have already made a list of what to buy. Thanks to this forum and the very talented and experienced people on it.

equipment

just out of curiousity, do any of you guys purchae things through bailey's? I was just wondering I have and account there and was thinking of purchasing my equitment throught them. Just wondering.

Never dealt with Baileys, but they seem to have a decent reputation. I have dealt with Sherrill's off and on for over 5 years and have always been pleased. Not to mention that they sponsor my favorite website! You might want to click on the ad at the top of the page and compare before buying. Sherrill's seems to sell top quality stuff, not junk. After all, it's our LIVES hanging on their products!:angel:

Ive bought from Baileys As a matter of fact i just ordered 5 more chains from them this evening.I usually purchase bars and chains from them. I usually Pick up climbing equipment from Sherrill at the local vermeer Dealer.

I have always bought my chain and bars from them. I like their service. But i kind fiugred that dealing with a compnay that deals in just arborist equip. would be better.
thank you for the response

If nothing else, ya gotta buy SOMETHING from Sherrill's just so you can get the catalogue! 70 pages of ANYTHING a treeman could ever want! Geeeeez, if I could afford all the stuff I wanted in that catalogue, I wouldn't need to climb anymore!:D

hi every one

I am wondering what kind of footwear to get. I have climbed a littel with gafs and I like to have short boots for that but I am want to be as modern so that is why I want to start climbing with sadle and ropes. Just looking for info.:blob2:

High square heels get itn the way when footlocking. Takes more practice to do it.

There is no one brand model that is best, some like low cut lace to the toe, I like high cut.

In construction I have found that speedlace always gets bent, a sealed welt is beter too. soft soles are more comfortable. Lightness is a big plus, 'secialy since I got big feet.

Soem dont like lug somes that collect mud...

The thing is it has to be comfortable for you when you need to spend 5 hours climbing in a tree.

Back