Just to show all you older fellas that there are still kids that know how to work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_F_E

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Me and my friends usually just cut a bunch of firewood, it aint much money but it puts gas in the truck. But sometimes some of the locals need timber for their mills. Thought you guys would like to see some of the youngers guys makin an honest buck. Just a load of red fir, might have been some tamarack on the bottom row. We also sometimes cut birch for a hardwood floor outfit up here if we can find a land owner that is willing to sell. I'm on the far right.

0108801527.jpg

That is a fine piece of iron, your truck!

Good job boys. How do you get the logs to the landing?

Its a 73 or so duece and a half 6x6, 15k pto winch up front for pullin up to the landin. Chain come along on that boom for liftin.

Last edited:
Nice to see kids doing something other than laying on the couch playing video games. Rep sent.

Handy rig you got there and nice to see some ambition.

Do you ever need chains for traction up there ?

With all 6 spinnin and aired down to about 15 it was pushing snow to the bumper, if it really gets bad theres the winch that would pull it straight up the side of the building. So nope never needed chains.

is that road sign replacing the back glass

Yeah it is, that came with the truck though. There isnt any glass anywhere, and no heater but I don't care, that aint my job sittin in that screamin metal death trap haha. Other than that it goes anywhere and pulls like a mother.

well thats a nice set up. i wished i had one of the or a 5 ton. duals all the way around is my thing though. this soft ground we get here in NE oklahoma will swallow trucks on the fire dept. Im glad to see there are a few here my age that can and WILL work for their money. shame that there are so few of us around aint it?

nice, looks fun!

i work for my cousin. he owns a small logging operation. its just him, his boy, and me. im 21 and his boy is 16. we're young but we get it done! in my family you aint a man till you've logged or drove truck, thats what it seems like anyhow.

yea it is nice to see some people my age that still like to work. i cut firewood mainly. around 40 cord a year and i am on my last cousin lol. all the others have worked for a bit and left. like the truck. i generally use an old h farmall to haul my wood out. works pretty good till it gets soft. then im screwed lol.

Im assuming your near Coleville by the looks of the snow. I have family over that way. I cut my wood and skid logs with draft horses. But i have wondered about putting fold down bunks on an old gmc to roll logs up for hauling. Have you thought about taller bunks for your rig.

Yeah were northeast of colville, cant really go any higher cause the boom gets in the way. We just throw about 6 chains and binders around it. Do you have any pictures of your operation?

I am not to hot with the computor so nothing on here. some videos of some birch logs. Just search NW WA horse logging or westcoast horse logging on Youtube alot of videos are lost some where in my laptop that took a bath. Im under the same name there. I love that country your in. My uncle works for the forest service there, my cousin works wildland fires from there and my other uncle works for the county. If i had to relocate i would head that way.

Got a decent birch job to keep busy for the next week or so... got the old john deere 350 dozer for skiddin. Plowing through snow up to my hips in the rain made for a ####ty day. Hopefully ill get some pictures up tomorrow. Im tired for now

Back