Just tried out a new ms361...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally forgot about the 6401! How would one of those compare to a ms361? Are they a professional grade saw? And if you put a big bore 7900 kit on it, what else do you need to change?

The power may not impress you, but the power to weight ratio should.

An 038 weighs over 15lbs. The 361 is much lighter.

The 038 is a cool saw, but the 038MagII is better in the PtoW aspect.

If you don't mind 15lbs, then pick up a MS460 with a DP muffler. If you are not impressed by that then Houston, we've got a problem...

:agree2:

I totally forgot about the 6401! How would one of those compare to a ms361? Are they a professional grade saw? And if you put a big bore 7900 kit on it, what else do you need to change?

The 6401 weights a lot more than the 361, and the Husky 570 even more.

Both have a bit more power, but are way down on power to weight ratio - a 372xp makes a lot more sense if the 361 isn't enough saw.:)

Last edited:
Well i have cut a decent amount of wood in my time...lol...what time i've had... and if i'm doing it incorrectly...lol... then maybe someone can show me? Cause incorrectly or not, i've got other saws to base its performance on. Thats how i made my judgement. I may not be a seasoned pro, but i know what i'm doing. And if anybody wants to try my 20+ year old 038 against a 361 (both stock), I'm game.

That's what I'm talking about, race!!! stock, only stock now no hiding the modds guy's:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back