Justa thought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RED-85-Z51 said:
One day Id like to Drive out to Cali. and have a sniffer done on my car...

1985 Corvette
Catylitic Convertors are Gutted
Mufflers are ZR1 style Straight Thrus
Air Injection Reaction (emissions) is not only disabled, its all but removed.

I wonder what it would blow on the tester....:hmm3grin2orange:

In my Defense...It wasnt exactly by choice..The Cat Failed, and clogged the exhaust. Filled the factory mufflers up with catylist. New Cat costs 400 dollars..So I gutted the original. Mufflers were full of crap..So I dropped the restrictive originals and put in the Striaght thru Targas.
The AIR system malfuntioned, and threw codes, since it wasnt hooked up, I started removing unimportant parts of it.

Tree hugger...? NAHHHHH

Tree Hunter...OH YEAH

Your vette would fail the HC test, and be tight on the CO test, the AIR system just helped the cats burn excess HC and CO, by 85, things were lean and unburnt HC was the biggest problim, CO would be close but you could tune that out (85 was not real tight for the year,,,, IOW didn't need to be real clean) Your NOX might be ok if the EGR is not to plugged?

You would like to run it on a there dyno with there sniffer and a couple other testers, like a vac meter just to plan your metering pins and jets, if that's still a T-Quad engine?

Latest posts

Back