Keeping your saw clean

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rub em down good with a bar of Irish Spring soap and all the lepercons in the forest will come to sing and dance for your private viewing.
Kash

As long as the little buggers bring their pots of gold and leave them behind- I call it a good deal.

While many people don't know, but many Auto enthusiast know that Purple garbage is an ACID and will EAT MOST ANYTHING given time, that includes ETCHING GLASS. I avoid using it anywhere near my cars.

I wash it at the car wash once a month. I try to be carefull with the new electric controlled saws. Haven’t hurt one yet.
wash it, rinse, fire it up and warm it up so it dries. Been doing them that way since my first 036 pro. Takes less than 2 minutes.

The good thing is I typically work near the truck so I just get the wd-40 out once and it sits by the other jugs.
I was watching a popular faller on YouTube and he was saying how the cap area on a particular saw held a lot of chips, but a little splash fixed that lol. On my stihls I'll hit the caps/cap area with wd-40 when they get real dirty.
Large Can of wd- 40 is like 12$ these days ....:surprised3:..you must be. rich......:)

Rub em down good with a bar of Irish Spring soap and all the lepercons in the forest will come to sing and dance for your private viewing.
Kash
Dancing leprechauns that will dance for a guys viewing pleasure.............Oh what a sight that would be. ...........Ya know come to think of it I bet there is a site for that:)

All joking aside there is nothing wrong with trying new things. If we did not try new things and FAIL then there would never be any advancement in society. Think about all the crazy contraptions folks came up with in the early days of trying to fly. How many worked? How many failed? Had they not tried where would be be? Now am I equating the invention and evolution of flight with slapping some tape on a saw to keep some of George Brett;s pine tar off it, of course not! Will it end up causing more problems? Quite possibly but who cares at least he is trying. Very few advancements are made without failure

Go on a cut and skid crew cutting and limbing 300 trees a day in hot June weather you can hardly blink your eyes because their glued with sap your cutting pants are coated with a shiny hard sappy coating .When you jump in the TimberJack the steering ball knob is three times its normal size and your glove sticks to it like crazy glue.
Now if you have the energy after a 12 hour day to take your saw home every night and clean it with a tooth brush and a microscope than you are a better man than me.
Kash
Sounds At least a 'Lil'Much Moe Worserer the Honey Harvestin',,, I Think. (Cringing of the shoulders as a reaction)

I put some tape on. It is a used saw, so the front is a bit chewed up, but looks like a nice stick and should hold well.

Crazy right? Took me an entire 15 seconds.

I'm hoping it will hold well for several cords, and then it will take me about 5 seconds to clean the front of the saw. Absolutely Crazy -- or Full Retard. :rock:

There is still way to much snow on the ground to be out cutting, but hopefully in a few weeks this idea will be tested. Now don't any of you try this, cause this could destroy the saw with sticky residue that could blow up the saw. :laughing:
I APPRECIATE your 'DISCLAIMER' ;Laughing; (Note the semi colons with the "ONEYED Winks)

View attachment 974265View attachment 974267View attachment 974269View attachment 974270Guess that’s about the cleanest I have really. They run well though
I see you are a Saw Whisperer/Trainer ... I usually ran Stihls. Several years ago I got a Husky 345 and put it in the back of the truck and found out it was a natural for rollin' over and playing dead. Now I have more than several and realize I am a good "SAW WHISPERER" 'cuz even my Jonsereds have learnt to roll over and playin' that Dead trick. I now realize they are jest restun up befer werk. Jonsereds and Huskies (and other plastic saws) look better after a few years of werk 'cus they don't have as much paint to fleck off.

Dancing leprechauns that will dance for a guys viewing pleasure.............Oh what a sight that would be. ...........Ya know come to think of it I bet there is a site for that:)

All joking aside there is nothing wrong with trying new things. If we did not try new things and FAIL then there would never be any advancement in society. Think about all the crazy contraptions folks came up with in the early days of trying to fly. How many worked? How many failed? Had they not tried where would be be? Now am I equating the invention and evolution of flight with slapping some tape on a saw to keep some of George Brett;s pine tar off it, of course not! Will it end up causing more problems? Quite possibly but who cares at least he is trying. Very few advancements are made without failure

Ran the 400 yesterday. 2 heat cycles and the tape looks fine. Actually it is clear tape and you can't really see it. A poor job of taping, but I only spent 15 seconds on it, and it does make it somewhat visible.

1648224763148.png

Hey, WTF! I've been waiting patiently for the 4th "Now I've seen it all" from SammyKazukii. You'll scare him away. Shhhhhhhhhh...... :laughing:
He Don't scare easy. But I highly Doubt he is around the corner Taping a saw.
With all of the Yammerin' and Stammerin" I will say There is a lot of info here to digest. Not a wasted read.

He Don't scare easy. But I highly Doubt he is around the corner Taping a saw.
With all of the Yammerin' and Stammerin" I will say There is a lot of info here to digest. Not a wasted read.

MIA is @CUInMyRear. He use to love jumpin in and bash my threads. The name, which seems to invite a reenactment of a violent prison shower scene, suggests that he was always around the corner waiting/hoping/smiling/giggling/etc. :laughing:

MIA is @CUInMyRear. He use to love jumpin in and bash my threads. The name, which seems to invite a reenactment of a violent prison shower scene, suggests that he was always around the corner waiting/hoping/smiling/giggling/etc. :laughing:
Some people are born arnery, I wouldn't try to hang a HALO ( 'ceptin' me) on anyone here at AS (You included) but Your thread did get quite a bit of ideas out in the open.

Haven't followed this thread so I'm a bit late, but as the was just mentioned, DENATURED ALCOHOL is the MIRACLE solution for cleaning your chain saw. Will make easy work on saw and bar whether cleaned daily or not cleaned for a long time. Before that, was tough to clean with many things I tried. Sunnyside #83432 in a metal can is what I use.

Back