KIlled one in the woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever thought about just catching them and taking them to a local park/wild area to be released?

For some reason the way I try to catch them they dont have heads when I get done with them. LOL

By the way I cant belive that a thread about killing snakes has got so many replys.

By the way I cant belive that a thread about killing snakes has got so many replys.

It is purely because there has not been any other decent topics to chat about the past couple of days..
No one is whining about their Speeco splitter. Or their Junk wood boiler..
We need some new interesting topics..

Poor lil snakes, lol ,not too many poisonous snakes around here mostly garters and green snakes but there are occasionally a copperhead or timber rattlers Had a big ole kingsnake for a pet for years til it died a year ago it actually choked to death on a rat :confused:wtf?

Just was thinking about when we were kids on the farm and were out rock picking one day and came across the biggest stinkiest rat eatin' garter snakes I've ever seen even to this day, longer then I was tall at 8-9 yrs old and my cousin and I had the brainstorm to put it in his dads ford station wagon,who was deathly afraid of snakes,It was funny seeing my big gruff uncle screaming in a pitch that I'd only heard lil babies and run over cats make but after he got all done carrying on well ............we could run faster but had to go home sooner or later:cry:

enough about them sneeky things i hate em to lets talk bout mushrooms lol

Well I killed a black snake in the shed today. First one ever, shed is only 3 years old. About 4 feet long as round as a roll of quarters shot its head off with a shotgun. Before you guys say it "dont kill black snakes" I kill them all the only good snake is a DEAD one. They are on the move it was 89 degrees on Sunday,

Did you wet your panties ?

I dont like snakes period !!! I kill every poison snake I can, That said I dont kill black snakes or bull snakes, king snakes!!!!! I dont like them but they do good and I just leave them be!

I like snakes, unless they are close to the house and poisionous, then they have unfortunate accidents.
I have found that contrary to popular belief, moth balls do not repel (copperheads) at all. If you live in copperhead country and find a tree that has a lot of locust or cicada shells in it in the summer time, put on some tall boots and lo0ok underneath it on hot summer nights. I wont even say how many I found under a cedar tree (during exceptional cicada hatches) in our front yard because no one would believe it.

I like snakes, unless they are close to the house and poisionous, then they have unfortunate accidents.
I have found that contrary to popular belief, moth balls do not repel (copperheads) at all. If you live in copperhead country and find a tree that has a lot of locust or cicada shells in it in the summer time, put on some tall boots and lo0ok underneath it on hot summer nights. I wont even say how many I found under a cedar tree (during exceptional cicada hatches) in our front yard because no one would believe it.
I beleive ya, Would have been 12 gauge time. Scatter gun with birdshot would have done the trick.

I have heard sulpher helps but the ultimate would be rikitikitiki the mongoose!

Snakes usually get left alone around my place... poisonous snakes usually get dead. :laugh:

I had a big (bout 5') ole racer a few years ago that got kinda pissed at me for mowing to close to his home. If you know anything about racers you know they can be very aggressive and will actually chase you. This one decided to get up in the honeysuckle in the fence row and was chasing the tractor down the fence striking the tire right next to me as I was mowing...... needless to say we had a little come to Jesus meeting and I wasn't the one who went. :laugh:

My wife and 4 year old daughter were playing with this Rat Snake a few days ago before the wife turned him loose for pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The day after that we were playing with this Hog Nose...... Hog Nose are fun cause they are real docile and will play dead when they feel threatened. :laugh:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/COKsb-DZ3zc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/COKsb-DZ3zc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Now don't all of you big strong fellas that are afraid of snakes feel a bit silly? :laugh:

Add frogs and toads in there too. Rabbits and woodchucks get shot, as do squirrels but anything that eats bugs and rodents is A OKAY in my book.

It's a little unsettling hearing that popping sound when you run over a frog with the truck. Like in the waning moments of a summer t-storm when they all congregate on the warm, wet tar.

enough about them sneeky things i hate em to lets talk bout mushrooms lol

Okay....Was Morel hunting yesterday. Got a good pound of the freshly hatched fungus, but of course a couple of snakes were seen at my feet. Harmless garter snakes, but they are still damn snakes. Them no shoulder, slithering, evil little bastages. Its a good thing I didn't have my mushroom walking stick with me.:blob2:

Great, Thanks for the thread with the pics :laugh: I will be seeing those ugly bast#### for the next week everytime I close my eyes. :bang:

Latest posts

Back