KIlled one in the woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of my son with his Black Mamba that he caught a couple years ago. I hear the Black Mamba's make good pets. Anyone know different?

IMG_3220.JPG_s.jpg

Here's a pic of my son with his Black Mamba that he caught a couple years ago. I hear the Black Mamba's make good pets. Anyone know different?

Other than the black MAMBA is one of the most deadly and feared snakes in AFRICA...I don't see a problem...

I'm always amazed at how scared people get around snakes. It's honestly laughable. They're no more dangerous (in most cases) than any other animal. The only time I would kill a snake is if it is in close proximity to my home or to other people/kids. Also, said snakes would have to be poisonous, to even consider that. With that said, I accidentally killed a garter snake with the lawn mower last year. Oops.

The height of disappointment for them young ladies..
You folks can hug all the snakes you want.. I see em, I kill em..

Ya I really don't see how a big snake balled up in my drawers latched on to my nads with me hollerin would of impressed them too much!

I know you prolly wont believe it but I saw a picture of a large copperhead eating a also large speckled king snake a customer took the picture the two snakes were under his driver side door on the ground. Thee king was halfway down the copperheads mouth and he killed it.

I believe you. I mean after all... they wouldn't "fight" all the time if the kingsnake won all the time. Balance in nature. Just like a black snake doesn't always catch the mouse he is wanting for dinner.

My thought was meant to be, I am all for anything that will help eliminate a poisionous snake. King snakes do engage in battle with copperheads.

I believe you. I mean after all... they wouldn't "fight" all the time if the kingsnake won all the time. Balance in nature. Just like a black snake doesn't always catch the mouse he is wanting for dinner.

My thought was meant to be, I am all for anything that will help eliminate a poisionous snake. King snakes do engage in battle with copperheads.

Yup agree 100% also bullsnakes do the same!

I actually rescued a black snake a couple of years ago that had gotten tangled in some netting that was left underneath my folks' deck-he was probably chasing field mice. I saw the tail sticking out and when it didn't move even as I got close I thought it was dead. When I reached out to grab the tail it tensed up and started to wriggle around. That's when I realized it was hopelessly caught up in the netting. I pulled him out and this is what he looked like:

P7050018.jpg

A little work with a pocketknife for about 15 minutes and I turned him loose near an old rotted stump in the yard:

P7050020.jpg

Every once in a while my pop will see him sunning himself on top of the old stump. Needless to say he notices less critters around the out buildings these days. I'm hoping he finds a mate and has some babies because once I build my barn I want a couple of black snakes on the ground and couple of cats for the hay loft.

Around here the black snakes are called chicken snakes because they raid hen houses and swallow a whole egg then find a tree os something to constrict around to bust the egg inside them. egg farmers are not to crazy about them. They also get pretty big too. i pulled three of them out of my mil's woodpile a few years back and each one of them was six and seven feet long. Didn't kill them, just let em go as i had to move the pile. They let off a terrible odor if disturbed. made me not want to handle them. One of them did bite me but i had on heavy leather gloves so i didn't feel nothing.

[QUOTE
You folks can hug all the snakes you want.. I see em, I kill em..[/QUOTE]

+1

Back