Kinetic Wood splitter...Beating a dead horse.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doesnt the name say it all?? not sure who said it but "just because you can, doesn't meant you should" never been a more fitting example. This looks like about the most retarded way to split wood ever. by the time you spent all the time welding and fabricating, i could split 10 cord, armstrong style.

Some people actually like building things for themselves. It's the only way to make something exactly like you want it.

You might be able to split 10 cords "Armstrong" style by the time he fabs up his splitter, but that's where the race ends for you. I'm pretty sure he could take his "retarded" splitter and split circles around you all day long!

doesnt the name say it all?? not sure who said it but "just because you can, doesn't meant you should" never been a more fitting example. This looks like about the most retarded way to split wood ever. by the time you spent all the time welding and fabricating, i could split 10 cord, armstrong style.
Sir I am sorry that you are offended by the desire to create something as silly as a kinetic wood splitter. I wonder how many people said that same thing to Henry Ford or Steve Jobs... I believe it is human nature to try and make something better, faster, stronger, and cheaper. No as for the armstrong approach. When I get old and grey, and still burning wood, I hope to have something to help split that 10 cord. Sure you can split that much armstrong style by the time it takes to build one...but what about next year....once built...its done...no need for armstrong all over again. As was stated earlier...this is a project. A great project that not only teaches the fundamentals of welding and metallurgy, bu also the physics behind Kinetic machines. Now if you still have a problem, then I am sorry to say, there is no help for chronic ignorance. Take a shop class, it may enlighten you.

How old are ya buddy?

I split wood by hand for over 35 years and still do, but there is a reason I bought a Super Split. ;)

Apparently you missed the part of the conversation where he said he was a shop tech teacher and was goin to make one with the kids as a project... Maybe go back to the first page and read. So far you you have an F in reading comprehension.

By the way, go tell Super Splitter, Split Second Log Splitter, and DR Splitter their splitters are "retarded" and see what they have to say when they stop laughing at you.
My response was about the "wheel of death" splitter not about kinetic splitters. relax dude.

seen this and thought of this thread.....so .....here ya go.........

Your about 36 posts behind. :p
That's probably one of the nicest home made kinetic splitters I've ever seen. That has the potential to steal some sales if it was brought to the market as a production item IMO.

I wonder how the OP is making out twitch the project..?

Your about 36 posts behind. :p
That's probably one of the nicest home made kinetic splitters I've ever seen. That has the potential to steal some sales if it was brought to the market as a production item IMO.

I wonder how the OP is making out twitch the project..?

Hmm....well i scrolled through before i posted it to make sure i wasnt reposting it....i guess my eyes were playing tricks on me....

So far the project is going well. The kids have a couple designs done up on CADD. Working on getting the parts yet. We want to salvage an old baler...problem is finding on in decent shape, that a farmer has sitting out in the back 40.

So far the project is going well. The kids have a couple designs done up on CADD. Working on getting the parts yet. We want to salvage an old baler...problem is finding on in decent shape, that a farmer has sitting out in the back 40.
As a machinist, I'm curious about what parts you're scrounging and what parts you're making/fabing. Are you running Gibbs for programming, or making the youngsters program longhand? The questions are endless. :popcorn:

As a machinist, I'm curious about what parts you're scrounging and what parts you're making/fabing. Are you running Gibbs for programming, or making the youngsters program longhand? The questions are endless. :popcorn:
Just a guess but he didn't mention CAM. Looking at the video of the bailer splitter there's not a lot of items that require machining let alone anything worth using CNC on. My guess is manual machining where required.

Just a guess but he didn't mention CAM. Looking at the video of the bailer splitter there's not a lot of items that require machining let alone anything worth using CNC on. My guess is manual machining where required.
Nevermind then!

Change of plans...Going to go Hydraulic. Finding quality flywheels are proving to be difficult. And school admin...put the smack down on the project.

Back