Knots for Massdam 1/2 rope puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Massdam rope puller ,with a capacity of 1500 Lbs. I use it with 1/2" 3 strand rope. What is the stongest knot for connecting two 100' pieces of 1/2" 3 strand together, for an extra long pull? I use this puller to aid in felling trees on my property. Is there a book I can purchase that illustrates rope knots and rigging?

knots

If you read a few of the past posts you will find all you need to know. New to the site does not excuse you from reading past posts and anyone who comes here should read back through the posts to learn more about arborist work. Try www.earlham.edu go to the bottom of the page and type knots in the google search this will get you to peters knots on line. If you cannot take the time to read past posts you are missing an education that many of us learned the hard way in the school of hard knocks. Take the time to read the Commercial Care and Climbing fourm from the begining and save yourself a lot of grief trying to race through the school of hard knocks. Read the Commercial Tree Care and Climbing Forum

Last edited:
There are several, a few that come to my mind are the double fisherman and there are different variations of the bowline or figure 8.
Some are easier to untie than others.

I don't think that any knot will actually run through the power puller ( I don't own one so I may be mistaken). A splice MIGHT run through. As far as knots are concerned my personal choice would be a carrick bend. As kevin said,there are many suitable. Find tying instructions on-line or at the local library.:)

A book for knots

"The Tree climbers companion " is a great book to start with for rigging knots and set ups. It is a book that you will keep with you and use for a long time. You can purchase it at several places, I am sure that one of the sponsers at this site carries it. Like the others said, look up the threads on this site there is alot of life/time saving information.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone that responded to my Question !!!!!!!!!

zeppelin raise

I'd have to see that bet, I'm sitting on a strait splice.

Latest posts

Back