Knuckleboom truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been looking for a good truck mounted knuckleboom for sometime now. I know several of you guys use wheel loaders or excavators, but does anyone use a truck mounted knuckleboom? I was looking for a tri-axle with a knuckleboom if anyone knows of something.

excavators can be allot more versatile but difficult to move job to job, have you considered trailer mounted? seem to be more common on the east coast.

The self loaders out here are basically a knuckle boom loader on a log truck frame, most pull a special long log trailer that folds up to sit piggy back on the truck, there is one guy that was running around here last summer with a regular long log trailer behind a self loader... not even sure if his truck was licensed...

Some times get the self loaders to load up a regular log truck before they load themselves, costs a little extra but is still cheaper than owning an excavator.

GRtimberCO,
Thanks for the help. Looking for something just like the Mack truck you sent me. If you know of any others, please send this way

Common as dirt up here. If you're willing to travel for a truck, truckpaper.com has a bunch of em on there, from about $10K up up up, most of em in the midwest and northeast.

Latest posts

Back