Kuuma wood gasification furnace?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I understand you but our H2O coil basically preheats and is like a helper for domestic H2O. I think it works pretty well but our owners can give you their own feedback.

Now I here there is a tax credit of $300 for 2013 retro active for 012 also.

Garret, This might hurt, but look on the Yukon site. They have all the info there, if its true.

Looks like your correct and it will get you guys a nice little bonus cash on your taxes because you are eligible.

Kuuma

I talked to Keith for over an hour on the phone last yr when I was looking around for a wood furnace. He was very nice on the phone. However, he put down caddy, and kuuma constantly. Stating that there's no way to get emission #s like that etc without creosote build up. Constantly cursing etc. Yes some things he said were true , but bashing someone else's product without ever having first hand using it is bad.

I never bought a furnace last yr and decided to think things over. I finally decided on the kuuma. And I'm proudto say I'm glad that I did. I never see smoke coming out of my chimney and my house is toasty warm. The only time I see smoke is when I load it. That lasts a max of 15 min.

How many square feet are you heating with your KUUMA and how has it performed to date, thanks

How many square feet are you heating with your KUUMA and how has it performed to date, thanks

I am heating a 3000sq ft home that's 9yrs old. Walk out basement.

Performance was great. Can't ask for anything more. Load it twice a day. Tons of heat. Very efficient. Clean clean burn! My flue temps are around 240-260. No creosote.

I will be cleaning the heat exchange chamber, stove pipe, and inspecting the chimney very soon. I will post my results when I do so as others have asked to "see proof".

Kuuma vapor fire

Sorry I've been out hoarding wood.

I've got a super jack furnace for my 2300 sq ft home with oil heat for back up and quadrafire 4100i for more backup when its REAL cold.

I've been heating with wood since 96 and I installed wood/coal/pellet devices and serviced then and installed chimney liners etc. from 2007-2009.

I have a couple of problems with the design of the Jack furnaces.

Kuuma vapor fire

1. I expected a lot from the furnace because of all the claims from the company. It is a bruiser and indestructible, but.....It idles a lot and this is a problem if the heat exchanger is engaged because
the draft is poor (no matter what type of chimney your using and no matter how dry your wood is Keith). The only solution to this is to not lock down the ash door handle. (admit it ...you've done it).

Kuuma vapor fire

2. The "advertised" secondary burn is non existent. If you have perfect conditions and don't use a thermostat, you can obtain something "like" a secondary burn with the combustion fan on and the stove
going at full tilt. The stove will smoke less but....you will have to strip down to your skivvies in the house. The solution? There is none. You guys have seen the air tubes in the newer non catalytic stoves ....until a stove like this feeds air to the ceiling of the firebox in this manner (it has to be at the top where the action is not from a combustion fan down below) there can't be a true gaseous / 2ndary burn.

This stove will last forever. And I'm gonna keep it for awhile now that it's installed, and by the way I put in a 20' insulated stainless liner. professionally installed by....ME. All the pipe and barometric damper installed
by a pro.....ME!

Questions are welcomed....I'll try to be more timely with answers.

Jimsbrain:

I'm confused... Do you own a Kuuma or not?

Some of what you said isn't true and not sure what you're getting at.

I've never left my ash door open to "help" the draft. There was 2 times that I had a problem starting my Kuuma last yr. When the barometric pressure was very low during heavy rain fall. It wanted to back flow. Once I got a good fire going, things went as it was suppose to. In my set-up, I have two 45deg elbows before hitting a 90deg through the wall thimble.

The furnace does idle and isn't sealed up which creates creosote. When weather is really mild (upper 40s-low50s) my house is plenty warm. 78ish. I have my thermostat set at 76. Would I rather have a warm house or a creosote filled chimney?? Hmmm. I'd like to keep my house. And opening a couple windows up in my house is very simple. When you do open up a couple windows, it does 2 things. 1. It cools my house. 2. I get fresh oxygen rich air in my house which is healthy!.

I'm not sure why you're telling us this furnace doesn't have a secondary gasification burn?? Have you not looked directly above the door after opening it? Guess that's there for decoration?

Either way. My Kuuma heats my house very well. It is a clean burn. And I use way less wood..

Jimsbrain:

I'm confused... Do you own a Kuuma or not?

Some of what you said isn't true and not sure what you're getting at.

I've never left my ash door open to "help" the draft. There was 2 times that I had a problem starting my Kuuma last yr. When the barometric pressure was very low during heavy rain fall. It wanted to back flow. Once I got a good fire going, things went as it was suppose to. In my set-up, I have two 45deg elbows before hitting a 90deg through the wall thimble.

The furnace does idle and isn't sealed up which creates creosote. When weather is really mild (upper 40s-low50s) my house is plenty warm. 78ish. I have my thermostat set at 76. Would I rather have a warm house or a creosote filled chimney?? Hmmm. I'd like to keep my house. And opening a couple windows up in my house is very simple. When you do open up a couple windows, it does 2 things. 1. It cools my house. 2. I get fresh oxygen rich air in my house which is healthy!.

I'm not sure why you're telling us this furnace doesn't have a secondary gasification burn?? Have you not looked directly above the door after opening it? Guess that's there for decoration?

Either way. My Kuuma heats my house very well. It is a clean burn. And I use way less wood..

I was wondering the same thing but he is talking about his Yukon, because he doesn't own a Kuuma. Probably should have started his own Yukon review thread.:D

I was wondering the same thing but he is talking about his Yukon, because he doesn't own a Kuuma. Probably should have started his own Yukon review thread.:D

Ya. He had me lost. Because 90% of what he stated isn't true about the kuuma. Just that you may have to open up a window during mild weather. If that's the worst thing you have to do..... wow..:msp_sneaky:

Latest posts

Back