Last Chainsaw Recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
So here I am at a new stage of life and needing to replace my psychotic Husquavarna 335 XPT that has been a love hate relationship since the early 80's. It's a loved beast when it runs but it's a bear to start and now it doesn't want to perform under full throttle, stalling out. It sounds like a Chevy 283 with a large 4 barrel carb....whaaa then lights out.

I need a saw for yard cleanup and making a yearly cord or so of firewood from pieces up to 12" diameter or so but the hardship is that it needs to be near or less than the 335 in weight at this point in life. I think it's powerhead is about 7.5 pounds and that works for my creaky bones. There is a Stihl 023c on my shelf when things are a bit more serious but that 10 pound powerhead gets heavy fast.
Weight and reliability are most important.
Any suggestions?

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Guys, under 10 pounds or there is no reason to not reach for my Stihl 023, for better or worse.
Nothing wrong with the 023 but weight?.. Just drop down in class like I did and get the 170 Stihl.. I work mine hard and it has never ever farted. I think brand new they're about $175.. Less than $200 anyway

Latest posts