Latest trailer build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Goodwrench

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Greetings everyone look every day but never get time to post, wife took middle kid to movies tonight left me home with other three, after 4 showers (including myself) I finally get the computer :biggrin: I have been wanting to build another trailer and decided to make this one a dump trailer. Started out as a house trailer tho it must have been an old one because it was built with real 6 inch channel NOT jr channel, and has 5 hole hubs insted of those goofy 14.5 housetrailer tires and wheels. Using a 10,000lb hoist off a farm wagon I picked up for 30.00 bucks. More pictures in next post.

I just sold off a dump trailer that I had since about 1995. It was a three axle, and the box part was 35 yards. the thing proved invaluable for my business at the time, but I got to a point that I wasn't using it at all due to the economy here. Also, the county enacted some new regulations for waste haulers, and they began screening for compliance at the dump. Anyway, I sold it to a tree guy locally. that thing could really haul some wood too. I'm not sure what you're plan is for this one as far as weight, but unless you have good load range tires, you'll probably find that a two axle is going to be insufficient. It's quite easy to overload them dump trailers. also, prepare yourself for tire expenses. dump trailers seem to be a magnet for puncture materials with all the twisting and turning that you do off the roadways.

Looks like a good start.I will be interested in seeing how it turns out.
I am going to do the same project.I have a hoist and a 16' steel bed to use for my deck.I just need to pick up some axles then start on the new chassis.
Keep the pics coming:msp_thumbup:

I just sold off a dump trailer that I had since about 1995. It was a three axle, and the box part was 35 yards. the thing proved invaluable for my business at the time, but I got to a point that I wasn't using it at all due to the economy here. Also, the county enacted some new regulations for waste haulers, and they began screening for compliance at the dump. Anyway, I sold it to a tree guy locally. that thing could really haul some wood too. I'm not sure what you're plan is for this one as far as weight, but unless you have good load range tires, you'll probably find that a two axle is going to be insufficient. It's quite easy to overload them dump trailers. also, prepare yourself for tire expenses. dump trailers seem to be a magnet for puncture materials with all the twisting and turning that you do off the roadways.

Mostly be pulled with tractor so far all my wood cutting is done within 5 miles of my house trailer will be 12 foot long and is 52 inches wide plan on putting 16 to 18 inch tall sides on it, of course the wood will be heaped up in the middle but it still should haul a pretty good jag.

Latest posts

Back