lemon 200T stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a 200 T in nov 7th,,05. I used it 2 times,,noticed it was leaking more than it should. Brought it to the dealer i bought it from....couldn't see a leak. put it back in the bed of my truck and noticed more oil again(had not used it so it wasn't oil from the chain), alot of oil. Brought it back to him again and showed him the puddle of oil in the truck....he says "yep.. shouldn't be that much oil. he looks at it again,,can't find a problem. Sooooooooooooo,,he gives it back to me and there it is again --oil-- Soooooooooo, i take it to another dealer and sees the oil and says..yep there is a problem. I told him that it leaks when it is shaking around when i am driving. Well it turns out to be a bad crankcase(?) gasket-seal. Then I am told the seals are on back order. Well its been almost 3 months without a brand new saw.. Original dealer told me he wouldn't take it back and give me another one. So does anyone know a # to call at stihl that I could get this resolved? Spend $500 + and can't use the saw.

Latest posts

Back