Let me introduce you to "Sheldon" more specifially "The Sheldon Cord" !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think anyone who comes here to read this thread will actually be dumber than when they started.
It's really not that difficult. Around here almost everyone sell by the cord. And yes it's a face cord, but we aren't stupid about it. We always state the length of the splits. Sure some people get ripped off but if they do then it is their own stupidity by not knowing what they are buying. Same thing would happen to them if they bought a car without doing research. Ever heard of Google, it's pretty easy to figure out?
4'x8'x 16" would be 1/3 of a cord, see I'm selling it by the fraction of a cord. Now if I'm selling that 1/3 of a cord for $500 and you buy then you my man are a dumbazz.

If I'm looking at a stack that is 4'x4'x8' and your looking at a stack that is 2'x4'x16' that would paint two different pictures, wouldn't it?:surprised3:

So depending on how it's stacked, and witch side you looked at, one could use any measurement they wanted.

Ya, sure, it COULD. But in real life people think of a cord as 4x4x8. And a face cord is 4x8x the length of the splits. Sorry, but that's all there is to it in my book.

Geez, this thread has gone on so long I may have said this already. I've said it several times over the years. An 8 foot bed will hold one cord, and it's real easy to prove. The bed is 8' long. They are 4' between the wheel wells. Make a 4' high head board, and a 4' high tailgate board. If you cut 16" wood, stack 3 rows 4' high down the middle, NOT SIDE TO SIDE. You will have a stack exactly 4X4X8. Now if it's green Oak it will fit, but it might squash you half ton like a grape, but it will FIT.

Joe, a face cord of 16" splits is legal if you say it is 1/3 of a cord. A face cord of 24" splits is 1/2 a cord. A face cord of 12" splits is 1/4 cord. I think this is selling it legally in most States and Provinces.

JeffHK454, you are right that was a low blow. I will apologize to SlowP the next time she posts on here, even she doesn't deserve that date.

I have read this entire thread and just realized, I dont know anything. What is a cord, what is firewood, and what is it used for. Will it fit on my truck and how do I get it to 16in lenghts. Do I need matches to lite a fire or will a propane lighter work just as well. Where is my thermostat located and will it heat my house if I just turn the dail. That would seem to be the easiest way to heat my house. My head hurts, should I take Bayer or would Advil be better, I have some Aleve, maybe I should try that first.

So far this post has taught me that there’s this Sheldon guy who likes librarians but drives a longbed truck, and hates non librarians who drive shortbed trucks, and a face cord is part of the metric system?
You guys are making my brain hurt
I just want to be clear: I am not Sheldon!

And most librarians drive short bed trucks.
Liberals drive Priuses.
And it is non of your business what a libertarian drives or how much wood they haul. Now get off my property.

Latest posts

Back