Lets get this party started...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, Gord. That tree looks like a perfect canditate for some butt-heavy cuts. I like when I can do that, it makes for a fast TD.

Are you left-handed?

Nope I'm a righty. I tip-tied a number of those stems...went a bit slower than I had hoped, it was a lot of finicky stuff. Green groundman didn't speed things up either.

I wanted to tip tie this branch but the boss said the service line could take it. It ended up hanging on the service. Always listen to the boss.;)

Mathias, Is there any reason that i don't see a climbing line on the spruce pics? Is it hiding? You should always have a climbing line up there, for second tie in, and in case of the need to escape or possibility of injury...

I have a 40' length of rope on my left side. I know, it may as well be on the ground for all the good it's doing.

You never know when that service line has a defect, either in the line, or the weatherhead. I've blown out a vcr and a tv once when the tiny limb brushed the service, where a squirrel had chewed 95% through the ground wire. Another time the weatherhead was barely holding the wire to the house. One light brush, and that was it.

I'm extra careful around service drops for just those reasons.;)

Yea, I think they were with OSHA, or sumptin...
aaf_shifty.gif

Back