Lets get this party started...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Cottonwood td was canceled for the moment. The crane came in and was tearing up the ground. I imagine they spent the rest of the day fixing the ruts.
We're gonna have to rethink this one.

Good looking tree, RB! :) :)

rbtree

After seeing all these madmen in 100' crane removals I was beginning to feel like a jackass for posting pictures of myself in "small" trees.

I'm not trying to belittle the bangup job you did but it reminded me that you guys work in all sizes of trees and not just the "glory jobs" that scare me to even think about.:eek:

I don't expect to see any pictures of anyone sweating over a pair of loppers 5' up an apple tree though. :D

This pine was in a back yard that has a 5' fence around it. We used a speed line for the top and then used the stick to rig out several other trees over the fence. I had to go back up and block it down short enough to drop.

Whaddyamean? Not work-related?

Yur surveying yur work-area!!! :blob2:

attachment.php

This vine caused the tree it was in to fail. Hmm, wonder why? :rolleyes: The tree had broken off at the stump and the vine was holding it up.

That is an o20 next to it. Vines suck.

Nice one, gord. looks like the crane made that young tree a bit easier....

Isn't it only 75-90 feet tall? looks like a 2-3 hour job, without a crane...maybe I'm missing something in the drop zone. I'm not questioning the choice, just commenting. I'd use a crane too for convenience, and to make it easier to dispose of the wood.

Tim, thanks for the great pics! That is one huge tree!!! live oak?

That is the Angel Oak about 2 hours away from my house. It only took me 34 years to get around to seeing it.

Here is the champion live oak in South Carolina in the 40's. 120 foot tall, 125 foot wide.

You guys want to talk PPE? Here is a pic of my 12 year old brother grounding for me at my mom's house. He is gonna make one heck of a logger one day.

I was on the ground for that job Roger, it was awhile ago...can't remember the tree all that well. There was very fresh asphalt surrounding the base...we got about 18 yards of chips off the tree. I remember it being bigger than it looks in the pics. :)

Back