Let's Hear it for the MS044/440!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"That went well, now let's call it a 440 Magnum just like the big block Dodge. The Americans will buy it."

Thats partly why I bought mine. Now it has been made even better by tree monkey. Very nice saw.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Went and talked with a friends Mum today for awhile and in her garage was two saws 032 and 044 mag they have been under the bench there since two summers ago when Chuck died Im going to have to ask Rick about them two saws

Sure would be nice to have either one

I honestly do like the 372xp better. That said, the 440 is just a heck of a saw. The power to weight is awesome. They're very nimble and well balanced. It's the little extra pinch of power and the Spring AV that give the nod to the 372xp for me. Both are very nice saws.

No HO oiler available from stihl. That's the only downfall I have with the 044/440 chassis. If stihl would make a new version with spring av and the 3/4 wrap I would buy it.

In about 10 minutes, I can make an 044 pump like a fire hydrant. There are some threads on here somewhere about it. Can't help ya on the spring AV though. It's never bothered me though.

Oh yea....

HOORAY 044!!! :clap::clap:

buy new handles :msp_wink: ,the 044 i built off nos parts on ebay ,its old 10mm version ,new cases ,handle ,plastic all nos stihl stuff , the purple superclean gets sprayed on em once and a while to keep em cleaned up ,they are not normally that clean ,i just got the 440 back from randy in that pic after he did the 460 jug swap on it so it was all cleaned up for him to work on it ,if keep the saws out of the elements (dont leave in the pick up bed every day )the plastics actually keep nice for a long time ,

buy new handles :msp_wink: ,the 044 i built off nos parts on ebay ,its old 10mm version ,new cases ,handle ,plastic all nos stihl stuff , the purple superclean gets sprayed on em once and a while to keep em cleaned up ,they are not normally that clean ,i just got the 440 back from randy in that pic after he did the 460 jug swap on it so it was all cleaned up for him to work on it ,if keep the saws out of the elements (dont leave in the pick up bed every day )the plastics actually keep nice for a long time ,

Thanks for the info, great looking saws.

Went and talked with a friends Mum today for awhile and in her garage was two saws 032 and 044 mag they have been under the bench there since two summers ago when Chuck died Im going to have to ask Rick about them two saws

Sure would be nice to have either one

Both saws are just going to seat there; I talked with Rick and his Mum doesnt want them to leave the place in fact none of Chucks thing have left the garage. The garage is the same way as Chuck left it every thing in still there

My 440 has a sticker from Tennessee too!
...not to mention the 460 that got stuffed on top. hybrid!

Do you guys clean for hours with dental tools or something? Makes a guy wonder how much is fact and how much is fiction lol. "Oh yea, my 044 has been running for decades." Yea, run once the day it was purchased and once yesterday hahaha.
I would like things more if the 44 came with the 46 top, no more 46 but 64 in it's place, 66s factory ported along with 84s. Stihl needs to get on that..

Do you guys clean for hours with dental tools or something? Makes a guy wonder how much is fact and how much is fiction lol. "Oh yea, my 044 has been running for decades." Yea, run once the day it was purchased and once yesterday hahaha.
I would like things more if the 44 came with the 46 top, no more 46 but 64 in it's place, 66s factory ported along with 84s. Stihl needs to get on that..

That's above pic i posted is of muh pretty one, and as bad as I hate to say it, it gets ran sparingly. I have a hybrid 44/46 that I don't mind to flog on, cut stumps, dig in the dirt, etc, etc.

O I C. I guess the glamor wore off for me a while back having developed and grown out of cad at a young age. Aside from clean gas, filters, and rail grooves. I throw my work saws in the crummy and there they reside, full of rain and dirt. They don't care though, they do as they are told without any fuss at all. I will admit, I do like old saws, they live inside..

Latest posts

Back