Lets see the chainsaw ROOSTER TAILS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost most of my good vids when my hard drive crashed, I will get more up in the next couple of weeks

World Record

Cut4fun said:
I'm pretty sure this was using my buddy DT's saw. He's building alot of them now for top competitors, and I KNOW his saw holds the current world record. Here's a couple pics of that saw when it was nearing completion.

DT_Saw.jpg

DT_Saw1.jpg

JT

@ Romeo

I'm pretty certain you'll be seeing more and more of 'em too. Don's a pretty good friend of mine, so I make it a point to at least stop into the shop once an awhile to visit and see what's new. From what I gather, his saws are doing three cuts close to a full second faster than anything else out there. Last I talked to him, he had 9 more saws already ordered with a base price of $6K each.

I really do hope you see alot more of 'em. Don's a good guy and I'm really happy he found a good niche. He's a hell of a motorcycle mechanic too, but just hasn't ever been able to find riders that can handle his stuff! I used to work for him, and I'm a pretty fair mechanic myself. I'm telling you man, this guy can really make a motor spin! I'm pretty sure he uses voodoo. ;)

JT

PS, I'll have to see if he still has video on DVD. If he does I'll ask him if I can post some up here.

I'd love to see some video of his saws. Especially some of the new ones.

My digi pic camera has sound, just on default it is never on ... you have to go into the settings and turn it on but if the camera goes into sleep mode it turns it off again.

Also my cell phone takes pic and vid with sound, check your settings, maybe post the brand and model and some-one else might know or google for answers.

JohnnyThunder said:
@ Romeo

I'm pretty certain you'll be seeing more and more of 'em too. Don's a pretty good friend of mine, so I make it a point to at least stop into the shop once an awhile to visit and see what's new. From what I gather, his saws are doing three cuts close to a full second faster than anything else out there. Last I talked to him, he had 9 more saws already ordered with a base price of $6K each.

I really do hope you see alot more of 'em. Don's a good guy and I'm really happy he found a good niche. He's a hell of a motorcycle mechanic too, but just hasn't ever been able to find riders that can handle his stuff! I used to work for him, and I'm a pretty fair mechanic myself. I'm telling you man, this guy can really make a motor spin! I'm pretty sure he uses voodoo. ;)

JT

PS, I'll have to see if he still has video on DVD. If he does I'll ask him if I can post some up here.

MATT BUSH.

Fred

Hmmm where to start....
OK DT motorsport saws cost $7500.
Only 8 saws have been sold. Everyone is basically getting what they are referring to as the Dion model. Only one Big bore saw has been produced. Out of the 8 saws sold Dion (3), Gill, and 3 to Europe, that leaves 1.... mine. NO other American or Canadian has bought one of Don's saws.
OK, So that video of Boldsted setting the record... well was what, 2 yrs ago. And the pipe is the wrong shape and color (Black not chrome). It's a 325 Rotax.... out of a personal watercraft not a snowmobile motor.
Matt Bush runs Articat done up by D&D Motor sports.

Finally, Don has never had an employee. Although, he has had people come in and use the shop or help clean up around the grounds and unweed the snowmobiles around the shop.

Boy I hope this clarifies things. I would sure hate to see someone get the wrong idea stuck in someones head. Oh and if you think I'm full of Turd, give Don a call, but I'll warn you as of this morning he was out of minutes on his track phone.:biggrinbounce2:

ccicora said:
Matt Bush runs Articat done up by D&D Motor sports.

Sorry, Dag gum acronyms got me confused.

Ol' Jason has a pretty fast saw also.

Hoping in January to get run a big bore.

Fred

Never seen a HD made into a unlimited saw before. Thanks for sharing and posting it here for others to see.

Latest posts

Back