lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, ain't it a shame what's been done to them? I've got a two year old collectable. Hopefully after the "no compete" ends next February he'll be able to turn some attention back to street bikes.

Personally, I didn't know anything about Buell before I started shopping for this bike purchase. The more I looked at the Uly, the more I liked it.:clap:

edit: had to add, just realized that was your sexy, yellow S3 on the last page. That sir, is also a sweet ride. Love the rebirth of Triumph. I seriously shopped the Tiger during my sport/adv bike purchase.

Thanks, my neighbor riding bud is on his second Tiger and it is a great bike.

Yeah, ain't it a shame what's been done to them? I've got a two year old collectable. Hopefully after the "no compete" ends next February he'll be able to turn some attention back to street bikes.

Personally, I didn't know anything about Buell before I started shopping for this bike purchase. The more I looked at the Uly, the more I liked it.:clap:

edit: had to add, just realized that was your sexy, yellow S3 on the last page. That sir, is also a sweet ride. Love the rebirth of Triumph. I seriously shopped the Tiger during my sport/adv bike purchase.

attachment.php

What do I do?

Looks as though I got a flat. I never had one of these apart before and was wondering if there was anything special I need to do. Any help is sure to be appreciated.

reartire001.jpg

reartire002.jpg

Looks as though I got a flat. I never had one of these apart before and was wondering if there was anything special I need to do. Any help is sure to be appreciated.

reartire001.jpg

reartire002.jpg

Find a good solid thing to put the bike on. I used to use a metal milk box, sit bottom of bike on it so wheel hangs free then start taking things off, brake brace on side of swingarm, take nut off brake rod and take rod out of back brace, then take axle out, slip chain off sprocket. These have tubes in them so find out why it's leaking and patch it. If you're not sure you might just pump the tire up before doing anything, somebody might have let the air out of it. I'd hate to take it all apart for nothing. I'd probably take the wheel and tire somewhere and let a tire store patch the tube unless you have everything you need to do it.

Last edited:
I won't go through all of that trouble just to patch a tube, just replace it.
Not so bad once you get the hang of it, no need to remove the tire to change the tube. Just break the bead and pull it out, line up the new one and stuff it in, just don't pinch it when you reinflate:censored:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/704/2863/Motorcycle-Article/Dirt-Bike-Tire-Change-Guide.aspx

Gone riding..............

I don't think bike shops around here are allowed to patch tubes on mcycles.

I won't go through all of that trouble just to patch a tube, just replace it.
Not so bad once you get the hang of it, no need to remove the tire to change the tube. Just break the bead and pull it out, line up the new one and stuff it in, just don't pinch it when you reinflate:censored:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/704/2863/Motorcycle-Article/Dirt-Bike-Tire-Change-Guide.aspx

Gone riding..............

I am sure you posted it before, but what do you ride Todd?

I am sure you posted it before, but what do you ride Todd?

Mostly ride a crf450, here's a pic from yesterday at a track we went to in PA of my daughter on her crf250, she didn't get any pics of me:confused:
attachment.php

I got this earlier this year
attachment.php

We ride alot of dirt and might get 1 flat a year out of 3-4 different bikes. If you watch your air pressure it doesn't happen much, usually from pinching the tube when changing tires. I'd bet at least a couple of the tubes in my bikes are at least 3-4 years old and get pounded on a regular basis.

While I'm at it saw these bikes at a small shop in Gasport NY while on vacation last month.
This one has an Indian motor and I forget what kind of trans he said was in it? This is the one that made me slam on the brakes and turn around cause I thought it was a board track bike or something.
attachment.php

attachment.php

He was asking $10K, was a custom frame he built and msc parts, basically a rat bike, pretty cool :cool:

This was his daily rider bike a '43 I think he said , see the trike project in the background too?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Would have loved to hang out with this guy for a little while but the females were getting restless in the car waiting for me.....

Ha! She got out on the track before me, having never seen it before and I had to follow her over the jumps cause she had them all figured out already!

Back