lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a pretty "neat" price tag too. Think I'd rather just tent it and get a storage unit like yours so I can pack more beer. Lol
They are pricey, I know a guy that bought a used one, looks new and he got a bargain on it. Thing folds out and makes a big camper, has a King or queen size bed in it. It's a PITA to put up though.

2007 KTM 525 xcw (mine)
2004 CRF 80 (girlfriends)
2002 XR 70 (7 year old sons)
2006 CRF 50 w/ training wheels (3 year old sons)

20131103_130500.jpg

Here is a picture of the dead engine start from my last harescramble race about three years ago!

View attachment 336427

Seeing that pic reminds me when I used to race h/s and gncc races in the veteran class. I started on a kawasaki kdx200 and moved up to a yamaha yz250.I still trail ride and love my yz250, but I gave up racing because of having a family.

Seeing that pic reminds me when I used to race h/s and gncc races in the veteran class. I started on a kawasaki kdx200 and moved up to a yamaha yz250.I still trail ride and love my yz250, but I gave up racing because of having a family.

I ran a few h/s races growing up in Ohio, then went away to college in Athens, OH. After graduation, I moved to NC and ran some of the VA series races then hung it up. I had not raced in about 8 years and had not even trail ridden in 2 years due to having kids. Then I got a wild hair in my arse and ran the pictured h/s race. I had muscles sore that I did not even know I had. I did place 4th though, but in all honesty I was pissed off when I came around and they waved the "one more lap" flag. Damn I was ready to stop. I dont like the motocross portion of the races - being 250 pounds and racing a 525cc 4-stroke and jumps dont mix well IMHO. Same damn reason tractor trailers dont jump off loading docks! That is WAY too much bike to throw around in the tight eastern woods races anyway.

yfguf.jpg
Traded my dirtbike for this since I'm facing knee surgery again soon, hopefully get a new one later this year.
Resampled_2014-05-24_15-04-51_465.jpg

Pretty fun bike but has some issues to figure out

such as? have some exp w/buell/sportster...

Puking oil and flooding out. Been reading on badweatherbikers, probably have to replace the right side crank seal and rebuild the carb. Just need to find the time.....

What year is that Moto Guzzi?

I believe so, it's supposed to be. I haven't taken it off yet. Trailer brakes today, truck brakes and other repairs next week...so hopefully after that I'll start taking it apart and get my shopping list straight.

That bike is very clean for a 73! Has it been restored or original?

650 mi on complete [not 100 pt] resto... workin some bugs out, but been out on it a few times. friend had 05 sportster, we both thought carburation was the prob, after tryin a couple known workin carbs, turned out to be crank sensor, which I thought odd on a carbureted motor. dunno yr of yours...

The crank sensor caused the flooding? The manual does say to never leave the petcock on when not running and I've followed that but it loaded up so bad it about cut off when I rode it around 50 miles. Oil is full of fuel too now. PITA.

Here's my fat boy. I ride it in just about everything but ice and snow. Fortunately, we don't get much of either around here.View attachment 327717
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of plant is in the background, co-gen or something? Makes for an awesome backdrop on a nice bike.

Here's my ride, '79 Yamaha XS1100
XS_Burnout1.jpg

2012-04-20_06-24-38_792.jpg

Yea, it's a cogen. 2 ge 7fa gas turbines and a toshiba steam turbine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9usa4agy.jpg

Ticked off about 3200 miles already this year on short Sunday trips on the Harley. Decided to put the Kawasaki on the road now too for something different. New Pirelli's are coming as well as drag handlebars. The mini apes currently on it are silly.
y3aperu6.jpg

Back