Let's see your husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good running engine dont need them. But it does save on recoil parts

It isn't a question of need - but they can save you many pulls if the saw has been sitting for a while - or you have run the tank dry.

They are more useful on small saws than on large ones (it really is about the carb size).

It isn't a question of need - but they can save you many pulls if the saw has been sitting for a while - or you have run the tank dry.

They are more useful on small saws than on large ones (it really is about the carb size).
True. Most my saws also have short fuel lines from empty it only takes a couple pulls. But my crapsman strato is a different story. Its not a great saw to begin with.

.404 is a mean chain

I just remembered the biggest reason I switched to 3/8 chain. I can't remember the numbers, but the bar was for a gauge of .404 chain that was hard to find. It came with a couple extra chains that was a little thicker. It looked like someone started trying to grind out the groove in the bar so the thicker chain would fit. Also, all the chain was full comp, instead on skip chain. I ran a couple tanks through it and I had the problem of having to baby it in the cut, or it would jam up with chips to the point of having to loosen the chain to work them out from under the drive links and in the drive sprocket. It didn't have enough room for chip clearance. I think one, if not both of the new chains are square ground. Nice stuff, but it would be hard for me to sharpen anyway. The saw was advertised as "Walkerized", and has the muffler for it, but I'm not sure it had any port work done. It is a very powerful saw. There was also an 8 pin sprocket on it, which I didn't care for. I wanted a 36 inch bar anyway and I wanted the whole setup to be easy to get parts for and maintain. That being said, I have nothing against .404 chain.

Here are pictures of my Huskies - 10 of them here

DSC00912.JPG

and another one that doesn't work as of presently here

DSC00890.JPG

I also have Stihl saws, but them people doesn't Steal so
they can be stored safely in the garage/outhouse sort
of ... .

I haven't updated this thread since scoring a 350 off ebay, so here goes the updated collection:

IMG_20141224_102858115.jpg

IMG_20141224_103018996.jpg

262_xp_cropped.jpg

262xp.jpg

2012-06-05_19-12-09_746.jpg

2012-06-05_19-12-40_74.jpg

I honestly think the 372xp/371xp's are one of the most appealing saw designs to date... even better with the wrap handle also
And it's good that they're a great saw too, makes it that much more attractive when they look good and preform just as well

Agree, great saws. The one above sure is purdy, mines not so clean but it's seen some work :)

2015-07-26-16-58-12-jpg.437916

img_0778-jpg.428983

Latest posts

Back