Let's see your husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand why you'd want one, it's been a great saw. After posting the picture I located the manuals and original sales receipt. I bought it in
October 1990 for $513 & its list price was $570. According to the 1990 Husqvarna brochure, the 262 & 3120 XP were new models that year. Hard to
believe I've had it that long.

That's even better, original owner since new for 22 years :msp_thumbup:

Here's a couple of a ported 262XP I built for a friend and a couple more of my 61/268XP which is also ported and is my favorite midsized hotrod.

View attachment 230023

View attachment 230022

View attachment 230029

View attachment 230030

Now that's a good lookin pair. Muffler on the 262 is just plain evil looking :rock:

That's even better, original owner since new for 22 years :msp_thumbup:

Now that's a good lookin pair. Muffler on the 262 is just plain evil looking :rock:

LOL Yep those are both ear protection saws!! That 262 muffler is either a "Walker" or Walker style clone I picked up off ebay out of BC......I told Birdie he didn't have to buy it... I would use it on my own 261/262XP conversion...but Birdie is definately a dual exhaust kinda guy and he had to have it. LOL!!! I hated to give him that saw...I put 5 tanks through it just to make sure it would stay together.....2 days later I get a call....it's Birdie...I'm like "Oh XXXX he's blown that thing to bits" but I answered and he was still laughing and slapping his knee...he said he cut the first 6 trees clear off the stump!!!!! He is no novice to the 262XP. That saw was built from the best parts of 4 262XPs he worn completely out!! (and a box of new stuff too)!!! LOLOL!!!!!

DSC_0059.jpg

LOL Yep those are both ear protection saws!! That 262 muffler is either a "Walker" or Walker style clone I picked up off ebay out of BC......I told Birdie he didn't have to buy it... I would use it on my own 261/262XP conversion...but Birdie is definately a dual exhaust kinda guy and he had to have it. LOL!!! I hated to give him that saw...I put 5 tanks through it just to make sure it would stay together.....2 days later I get a call....it's Birdie...I'm like "Oh XXXX he's blown that thing to bits" but I answered and he was still laughing and slapping his knee...he said he cut the first 6 trees clear off the stump!!!!! He is no novice to the 262XP. That saw was built from the best parts of 4 262XPs he worn completely out!! (and a box of new stuff too)!!! LOLOL!!!!!

Wish I could braze or weld that stuff, looks awesome! And I'd have definitely #### a brick had I received the call as well :hmm3grin2orange:

Wish I could braze or weld that stuff, looks awesome! And I'd have definitely #### a brick had I received the call as well :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah me too..I'm and old school stick welder and have yet to master a wire feeder...when I get done my project will look like a hedghog!!!! I hate to say it but it's that ol dog...new tricks things I guess...LOL!!!

Another stock appearing saw built by Eric Copsey.

009.jpg

Well I'm kinda backwoods and haven't had much experience with Eric's saws...but after running your 2171 and Chucka's 372XPG...I gotta say it's worth whatever it costs..both those saws just run sweet.......Oh and I forgot to mention STRONG!!!!!LOL!!!

J.Walker could produce and sell a ton of Husqvarna calenders showing off his saws and photography abilities....
I'd buy one.

J.Walker could produce and sell a ton of Husqvarna calenders showing off his saws and photography abilities....
I'd buy one.

Me too....problem is he's got more nice saws than there are months....he does always get very sweet shots and all his saws are in very good shape......he even gave me an ol beat one and it was even in way good shape!!! LOL!!!

Another stock appearing saw built by Eric Copsey.

009.jpg

Is that the same one you had a vid of with 3-4 other guys cutting a couple of cookies off a tree down in da woods? That ran awesome :rock:

Yeah me too..I'm and old school stick welder and have yet to master a wire feeder...when I get done my project will look like a hedghog!!!! I hate to say it but it's that ol dog...new tricks things I guess...LOL!!!

HAHA ya welding is something I need to learn and quick!

Well I'm kinda backwoods and haven't had much experience with Eric's saws...but after running your 2171 and Chucka's 372XPG...I gotta say it's worth whatever it costs..both those saws just run sweet.......Oh and I forgot to mention STRONG!!!!!LOL!!!

I can vouch for that! I ran the ChuckrXPW and Eric did my XPW top end on my 365. Unreal. :hmm3grin2orange:

I can understand why you'd want one, it's been a great saw. After posting the picture I located the manuals and original sales receipt. I bought it in
October 1990 for $513 & its list price was $570. According to the 1990 Husqvarna brochure, the 262 & 3120 XP were new models that year. Hard to
believe I've had it that long.

The 262xp came out in 1989, but the first "catalog" year was 1990, as you said.

The 3120 shouldn't be new that year though, but it could of course have varied on different markets (often does)........

Last edited:
Back