Let's see your husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks familiar. I'm putting a 288XP together from two partial saws as well.:cheers:

What saw did that crankcase/tank setup come from? The throttle arm looks different than what's on my 288's.

Differences of early and later.......one has the lever type and the other uses a throttle rod.

Differences of early and later.......one has the lever type and the other uses a throttle rod.

Interesting. Mine have the lever that's shaped roughly like that one......but a bit longer and with a 'half-moon' cutout on the underside near the end to bear on the roller on the carb arm.

nice saws!

do you guys have a 288 jug available? I have two 181's that are complete and I think one of them would look good with a bigger jug on there.

let me know.

David

Thanks for the correction Shawn. I guess I've seen "Frankensaws" that were are sorts of ways.......

I've built a few myself. It sucks getting the 181 throttle arm into a 288 case (you have to enlarge the hole a lot). So I would switch the arm and the throttle shaft in the carb if I had the parts. You can quickly tell a 181 case from the lack of the pin above the left-upper AV mount hole.

6D19E41C.jpg

797645DA.jpg

That looks familiar. I'm putting a 288XP together from two partial saws as well.:cheers:

What saw did that crankcase/tank setup come from? The throttle arm looks different than what's on my 288's.

That throttle arm needs to be replaced, it binds on the crankcase.
And the carb uses the knub, and not the linkage.

Latest posts

Back