Lets talk about gas cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's there to talk about....?

They're containers. They're meant to contain gas. Nuff said.

What he said. I mean, it's like talking different brands of band aids. Ya get a cut, ya slap one on, big deal. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

its not the can

After seeing the op i had to read on, as I too hate these new style can, that have now been around for 10 plus years.
I truly believe most cans are created equal, and I have no complaints with the container, its the spout or nozzel that are attached to these cans, that cause problems. I can't believe accidents havn't occured from gas spilling on hot mufflers, due to nozzel being stuck open. I know Im suppossed to let the saw cool down before refueling, like anybody does that.

Any old school cans I find at garage sales, I snap up .

Also thanks for recommending the no spill can will give it a try.

kwalshy went to Poland a few months ago on business. He brought a few of those Husky cans that he bought locally back with him in a spare luggage bag. I bought one from him. Think it was $30 or $35. If there was a shipping cost involved, it definitely would have turned into a 60-dollar venture. Real nice gas can.

:rock: Yup. Agreed, the Best gas can I've ever used for my saws. It does not leak at all and the quick fill nozzle fits nice & snug to the saw.

I brought 3 of them back to the US in my suitcase for z71mike and another friend. The faces on the customs inspectors were priceless when they appeared on the scanning screen!

What he said. I mean, it's like talking different brands of band aids. Ya get a cut, ya slap one on, big deal. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm glad you are coordinated enough to operate the new EPA mandated gas cans. I, and apparently a few others, are not so gifted and thus have trouble with spillage and leaks. So we clutzy types will continue to commiserate on what is the best new gas can.

Got a plastic one for the pickup. If I'm going off road, I use Gyppo Jugs which are what we call what Slamm is using. I use a plastic pop bottle for oil, and a bar oil jug for saw gas, they are tied together and off we go.
The tied together is important. That can be slung over the saw bar to carry them. They can be hung on tree limbs for easy finding. Cheap is good.

Back