lickity splitter pump ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsplitta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've got an old lickity splitter that I'm fixing up. Machine has been painted over and I can find no tags on it.However on the upper valve housing that the 2 speed shift cylinder mounts it has 1969 cast on it.Also, the pump housing has 7-69 stamped into it. Guessing it's circa 69-70ish?hydro pump is wore out and I've been researching for a suitable replacement.Local hydro shop not much help, online search found a pump with the proper mounting and shafting however it's rated at almost 7 gpm at 3600 rpm single stage and inlet and outlet ports are larger than oe pump.I've read the earlier thread about pump ?'s and super3 chimed in about a parker pump but no part #.Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? Oh, btw the hydraulic filter on this thing is a canister type with a metal screen element inside which I thought is cool... remove, wash, and reassemble. easy peasy. I would also be very interested in an owners manual for this rig if possible. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend thanks

I've got an old lickity splitter that I'm fixing up. Machine has been painted over and I can find no tags on it.However on the upper valve housing that the 2 speed shift cylinder mounts it has 1969 cast on it.Also, the pump housing has 7-69 stamped into it. Guessing it's circa 69-70ish?hydro pump is wore out and I've been researching for a suitable replacement.Local hydro shop not much help, online search found a pump with the proper mounting and shafting however it's rated at almost 7 gpm at 3600 rpm single stage and inlet and outlet ports are larger than oe pump.I've read the earlier thread about pump ?'s and super3 chimed in about a parker pump but no part #.Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? Oh, btw the hydraulic filter on this thing is a canister type with a metal screen element inside which I thought is cool... remove, wash, and reassemble. easy peasy. I would also be very interested in an owners manual for this rig if possible. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend thanks

A single stage 7gpmpump really isn't all that much. What hp motor do you have?...need at least 1/2 hp for every 1 gpm so even with a 3.5 hp briggs you'd be ok with the new pump...unless your motor is really tired. A 2 stage pump is really the way to go...get the ram out fast and then let it switch over and do the work. If the splitter is from the early 70's those hoses have got to be in rough shape even if it was well cared for. Another upside to the pump you found is larger ports=less restiction=less heat build up=components last longer.

10 hp engine. This splitter has a two stage cylinder and from what I've read should not require a two stage pump.If someone has done so I'd like to know how it works out cuz I could upgrade to it if it worked good.I've replaced the suction lines and the high pressure lines look decent enough to do the job, I will replace them when they fail.Thanks for the input.The original pump has borg warner wooster div marked on it.

Last edited:
pm sent I think? Let me know if not I'll give it another go thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back