Lightweight bar options for Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC Cutter

NC Cutter

ArboristSite Operative
I did some searching around and it doesn't look like Husky offers the popular Techlite bar any longer. I'm seeing a Pro-lite by both Husqvarna and Oregon, I assume the same bar. Any other quality light weight bars in 20" for Husky 372?

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Prolite bars aren't really any lighter than standard bars. The narrow profile makes them lighter but not by much. Sugi light weight and in a few months the tsumara light and tough should be available

Warped5

Warped5

WingNut
Pro-Lite as offered by Oregon is a POS.

You want a replaceable-tip bar ...

Tell us whut you're going to be putting this new bar on ...

EDIT: I see this is going on a 372. Sugihara has options ...

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Thanks guys. Where exactly would I find a Tsumara bar? I seriously doubt my little Husky dealer carries them.
The tsumara light weight bars won't be available till this fall sometime. Sugi light weight bars are available from several of the site sponsors.

gunnusmc03

gunnusmc03

Addicted to ArboristSite
The tsumara light weight bars won't be available till this fall sometime. Sugi light weight bars are available from several of the site sponsors.

What am I missing ? Tsumura lw bars have been for sale for a while here conus. I have one for stihl 3003 mount but husky large mount are readily available too!

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
What am I missing ? Tsumura lw bars have been for sale for a while here conus. I have one for stihl 3003 mount but husky large mount are readily available too!
The tsumara light bars are available on eBay out of Canada I guess. I meant readily available from US based dealers

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
There not really 'That' bad.
Pro-Lite as offered by Oregon is a POS.

They are THAT bad if your comparing them to tsumara/total or sugi bars but if you factor in the price they really aren't that bad. Pro lite bars are $25-45 compared to a tsumara light/sugi light at what $75-100? Not really a fair comparison. You get exactly what you pay for and at the pro lite price they are an ok bar

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Thanks guys. Where exactly would I find a Tsumara bar? I seriously doubt my little Husky dealer carries them.

updated sponsors for light weight bars.
Sugi lite= weedeaterman.com
Tsumara lite= thechainsawguy

Check out the HEV thread in the sponsor forum they may have a local dealer listed there if you want to try finding somewhere to walk in and buy in person

Latest posts