Lightweight bar options for Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there with that one too Niko.

Sorting the minor issues on the cannon c1 is easy compared to my one and only go at converting 3005 to 095

What are the issues with the C1? I've got a 16" on the 550 and the only issue I had was that it gets hot. Got hot the day I got it and still gets hot now. I told myself to ignore it and it's been working! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious but when you folks are looking at the reduced weight bars is it to get the overall weight of the saw down or to obtain better balance?

what's nifty about you PSP's is you always have a tach or a scrench holder strapped to the handle bar. there's some PSP's that have a scrench holder on every saw they don't use :dizzy: i believe dexterday has that one thing over Rory anyways. i for one can't stand to have anything extra strapped to my saw.

Tools and work bench are also usually very clean. Saw is always photographed on a bath towel, logo-ed rug or silk-pillow, sometimes on granite countertops.

I detailed the mods here - http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husky-small-mount-bars.282759/

Nothing special, or clever, but it runs cool now. Even with a 325 8 pin sprocket.

very odd yours needed all that. i to looked into mine as it gets hot but it still oils just fine. oils through the front oiler port and the rear port is not even in the feedpath so no need to block it. the chain carry's the oil forward. maybe yours was drilled differently? i see you knotched the oiler hole down a bit. this might benefit mine cause the oiler feed hole isn't dead on but pretty close. the oil feed from the back and adjuster hole doesn't interfere with the feed path so can't bleed off anything on mine.

Tools and work bench are also usually very clean. Saw is always photographed on a bath towel, logo-ed rug or silk-pillow, sometimes on granite countertops.

the funniest thing is these guys don't actually work on saws yet they have tools on the bench. seems staged to me. only thing i don't see is the wax and rags :dizzy: i should wax my saws just for fun next time i have time. see what all the fuss is about :laugh: i wonder if my 372 looks like that under all the grime? very unlikely! LOL

very odd yours needed all that. i to looked into mine as it gets hot but it still oils just fine. oils through the front oiler port and the rear port is not even in the feedpath so no need to block it. the chain carry's the oil forward. maybe yours was drilled differently? i see you knotched the oiler hole down a bit. this might benefit mine cause the oiler feed hole isn't dead on but pretty close. the oil feed from the back and adjuster hole doesn't interfere with the feed path so can't bleed off anything on mine.
Blocking the extra holes mostly just kept everything a bit cleaner from dribbling oil. Taking the 041 hole back to 095 width improved the oiling though.
It sped up the time from starting the saw to when oil was being flung off the tip. Perhaps not a big deal, but worth it to me.
The big gain was "teardropping" the oiler hole though. That's when the bar temp dropped and I got noticeably more flow. Also doesn't block as easily when I carry the shape into the bar, I just copy tsumura.

nice try Don, you so full of it your eyes are turning brown. those bars look new and have no use on them. i believe i saw you post a pic of that 346 with the carlton 2 years ago. still looks new! PSP!!!
Like I said, I don't use saws anymore.
The wood stacks automatically replenish themselves. I just polish and shine saws.
Old pics, I refuse to photo a saw with a scratched up bar! LOL! PSP! "I have a potty mouth"!:laugh:

Latest posts

Back