lightweight TUNE-PIPE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is really thin! I think that equals to be 29 gage. I can appreciate the how hard that was to braze! Pipe looks really good!

youre right troutfisher,its a lightweight AND low budget tune pipe
the cones are made out of a brakecleaner container can.....cutted with dollar-store scissors,hahaha

I think on the performance end of things you could get alot more power out of a tappered header. That may be why you see so many welds on the header.

i think i can have power gain by using a tapered shape header,but the welds and the irregular shapes of welded little pieces is not flowing well IMO.

i was thinking the main reason of welding small pieces was to go downward with the pipe from the jug to help scavenging...?

maybe with my next pipe i will try to cut a progressive line in my header,open it more at the exit and fill the crack with brass....a taper shaped and great flowing pipe

Could silver solder be used instead of brazing rod ? What is the melt temp of brazing rod ? Just wundering because I have "miles" of the stuff I bought years ago in a big pile of tools & such. Or would the exhaust gasses be to high ??

Steve

I think the vibrations that a pipe generates would be to much and the pipe would self destruct.

i dont know about silver solder,but brass works great for me.
im not using big brass rods,only small ones in a lincoln box from canadian tire,not expensive. a small box is good for making at least 1 full pipe.

Yeah I think a 9" stinger is a bit much! Most of the ones I've seen or made have been around the 5-6" range.

i was keeping it that long because its a pipe that fits very well with the other.i dont think i will just try to slide it in or out. my idea is to cut it in different length and do tries with a 1 inch,2 inches.....

the tune pipe itself already have a 4 inch

This last pipe I made I left the stinger really long so I could play with it and see it it picked up with a longer stinger or to see what happened when I started to cut it down. It seemed to run really good with what I have, I haven't played with it yet but will be curious to see how it responds when I start cutting it down a 1/2" at a time.

I'd like to make a adjustable belly also to see how performance is affected by the timing of the belly.

This last pipe I made I left the stinger really long so I could play with it and see it it picked up with a longer stinger or to see what happened when I started to cut it down. It seemed to run really good with what I have, I haven't played with it yet but will be curious to see how it responds when I start cutting it down a 1/2" at a time.

I'd like to make a adjustable belly also to see how performance is affected by the timing of the belly.

that would be nice to make an adjustable belly,you would be able to play with the reflection point distance too.

Latest posts

Back