lightweight TUNE-PIPE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELSEL

HELSEL

ArboristSite Guru
I think on the performance end of things you could get alot more power out of a tappered header. That may be why you see so many welds on the header.

chainsman1

chainsman1

ArboristSite Lurker
i think i can have power gain by using a tapered shape header,but the welds and the irregular shapes of welded little pieces is not flowing well IMO.

i was thinking the main reason of welding small pieces was to go downward with the pipe from the jug to help scavenging...?

maybe with my next pipe i will try to cut a progressive line in my header,open it more at the exit and fill the crack with brass....a taper shaped and great flowing pipe

stihl038x2

stihl038x2

ArboristSite Operative
Could silver solder be used instead of brazing rod ? What is the melt temp of brazing rod ? Just wundering because I have "miles" of the stuff I bought years ago in a big pile of tools & such. Or would the exhaust gasses be to high ??

Steve

chainsman1

chainsman1

ArboristSite Lurker
i was keeping it that long because its a pipe that fits very well with the other.i dont think i will just try to slide it in or out. my idea is to cut it in different length and do tries with a 1 inch,2 inches.....

the tune pipe itself already have a 4 inch

gink595

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
This last pipe I made I left the stinger really long so I could play with it and see it it picked up with a longer stinger or to see what happened when I started to cut it down. It seemed to run really good with what I have, I haven't played with it yet but will be curious to see how it responds when I start cutting it down a 1/2" at a time.

I'd like to make a adjustable belly also to see how performance is affected by the timing of the belly.

chainsman1

chainsman1

ArboristSite Lurker
This last pipe I made I left the stinger really long so I could play with it and see it it picked up with a longer stinger or to see what happened when I started to cut it down. It seemed to run really good with what I have, I haven't played with it yet but will be curious to see how it responds when I start cutting it down a 1/2" at a time.

I'd like to make a adjustable belly also to see how performance is affected by the timing of the belly.

that would be nice to make an adjustable belly,you would be able to play with the reflection point distance too.