List of saws and corresponding cc's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jra1100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I posted about best med to big saw on Sunday, and as I got many replies it became apparent to me that many of the numbers didn't correspond to their size very well. Now that is all well and good for most of you who have been here a while or been involved with chain saws, especially the bigger ones for some time, but for neophytes such as myself many of the numbers don't mean much. Is there a website or someplace that I can quick refference these saws and get an idea of how big they are? I can track them down using the net of course, but going to each model is a bit time consuming and I wondered of there might be a site that does it all. Thanks JR

For stihl there isn't really anyway to tell the cc's by the model #. The older jonsereds you could tell the cc's by the first 2 digits i.e: 920 = 92cc's. The newer jonsered and all the Huskies I believe for the most part you can tell the cc's by the last two digits or 3 digits in the case of the 2100 and 3120. Dolmars are roughly designated by the first two digits on their newer models such as the 7900 = 79cc's. The older dolmar models like the 112, 120, 166 etc aren't intuitive by their model # on how many cc's they are.

Uhh... also with this being the interweb... a guy could just go to the manufacturuers websites and look up the saw info.

For the older saws... I agree with above that Mike Acres site is dang near the best out there.

Gary

I know the interweb, I'm looking for old

Gary: Yeah I have looked at the web for the newer saws, but I posted a couple days ago about a good older (cheaper) medium to large saw. I have cut wood for 30 plus years, and always used older smaller (50cc) and below saws. After running several of my friends larger saws (jred 621, and 920) I became convinced that I needed more power. I am cheap OK and I wanted to get an older saw for less bucks and do some work on it myself. Most of the folks on this BB have been around these saws for years and all know how big they are just by name, but I don't. Some are pretty easy to figure out and then there are some that seem to have no rhyme or reason to the saw model (Stihl) and I am confused as to how many ccs we are talking about. I have tried to look them up, but some are hard to find. The site that was reffered to has some of them. I am learning a lot on this site and thank all that have helped. I cut mostly hard wood, Oak, Red Elm, and Walnut, mostly dead for some years and dried out, and up to and some over 36" in dia. so a sharp chain is a must, and the 50's will do the job, but in the imortal words of Tim the Toolman Taylor, "I need more power". JR

For stihl there isn't really anyway to tell the cc's by the model #. The older jonsereds you could tell the cc's by the first 2 digits i.e: 920 = 92cc's. .....

Actually, only the first digit had anything to do with the displacement, and only to closest 10ccs.

Exemples, the 90, 910, 920 and 930 all were 87cc - the 60, 601, 62 and 621 all were 56cc.

Back