Loading a pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 4000 you can get a desent used 3/4 ton 4x4 and haul at least the load pictured. Not to mention you'll need a 3/4 ton to pull that trailer. And when you get into mud that trailer will sink like the Titanic, loaded anyway. If your going the trailer route. A simple suggestion when using a truckbed trailer I will make is get a trailer the same size(preferably same truck) as the truck pullin it. You'll then be able to see past it through your mirriors, Probably not overloading it's power capabilities, and you'll only need one spare tire. But if ya got the 4000 layin around then why not?

I don't use my dump trailer hardly at all for wood getting. It is too heavy and does sink in the mud. I wish I could use it more, but the layout of my property just prohibits it. I only use it a couple times a year for anything at all.

I don't know where you're shoppin', but if you can find good used running 3/4t 4x4 for $4k, buy 10 of them and move here. You could double your money within a week. My buddy just bought a 93 3/4t Dodge diesel in good shape, got it for $8k+ and thought himself lucky.

Ian

Up here, I have seen more than one(my BIL bought some) 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 extended cab pickups go for the $4000 range. He bought one from a fertilizer plant and that thing is NICE. It is bright yellow, but I would take it in a heartbeat. He made it into a service truck for the farm. I have seen more than just that one. A classifieds paper in Eastern ND has had many of them in the past year.

I have the light duty 3/4 and would love to move up, but I do have a trailer and everything is paid off. I don't plan on going into debt for something like this. With the economy the way it is, it is "make due" time.

I don't use my dump trailer hardly at all for wood getting. It is too heavy and does sink in the mud. I wish I could use it more, but the layout of my property just prohibits it. I only use it a couple times a year for anything at all.

I never used it to go fetch firewood in the woods. I fetch it from the side of the road when the tree guys drop a tree. They usually call me when they are in the area and I show up when they are cleaning up.

Its not the only use for the dump. Hauling debris. mulch, dirt, toys, tractors, quads. what ever will fit.

Up here, I have seen more than one(my BIL bought some) 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 extended cab pickups go for the $4000 range. He bought one from a fertilizer plant and that thing is NICE. It is bright yellow, but I would take it in a heartbeat. He made it into a service truck for the farm. I have seen more than just that one. A classifieds paper in Eastern ND has had many of them in the past year.

I have the light duty 3/4 and would love to move up, but I do have a trailer and everything is paid off. I don't plan on going into debt for something like this. With the economy the way it is, it is "make due" time.

Dang I'm glad I live where I do. Heck I bought a 3/4ton 4x4 surbobun from a guy in Tulsa, ok. for $1800 It only had 90k miles desent rubber and all. An X-military vechicle. Super duty Dana 60's fuel inj. 350 np208 transfer. 4.10 gears and let me tell ya, put it in low range and you can pull start a Versitile type tractor.

Back