Log splitter help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IROCZ28l9841u

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out kinks in my splitter that I have had to rebuild. On the suction side of the pump is it required to have a flexible hose or can i use metal piping. I'm sucking air in the way it's set up now. Plus the giant kink in the flex hose I'm sure doesn't help. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 64
Anything is better than that kinked hose. Suction side is low pressure so just about anything will work as long as its not "soft" and may collapse. What kind if "metal piping" are you looking to use?

anything will work for a suction line. hydraulic hose, spiral wire wound rubber suction line is best but the clear plastic stuff with the plastic spiral to hold the hose round sold for sprayers works too. DO NOT use galvanized pipe. the galvanizing flakes off and gets in the oil system

I wouldn't use black pipe, but thats just me. Some cheap, stiff flexible hose with a couple clamps is quick n easy. I used an extra 3/4" hydraulic hose i had laying in the barn and just cut the end off. I don't know how much suction pressure one of these pumps generates but it can't be too great if hose clamps and barbed fittings are the norm. My guess is less than 80psi, probably closer to 40 or 50psi.

Latest posts

Back