logging my style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes.....(friend had our arch so I can't take a pic)

All framing = heavy 2" square tube.

attachment.php

A = 3.5 ft
B = 3 ft
C = stubs / spindle from a front wheel drive dodge van, use smaller diameter wide wheels if possible.
D = 4 ft.
E = chain around log, hooked to hook mounted center of rig ahead of log..... pull through chain, not on winch line. Lift with winch through pully at top of arch... 8" or so off the ground seems to work well for us.

Boat winch works well for us. We have a 1 7/8 ball on it.

sorry chain and winch line were drawn in grey.... they don't show well on the post.

i need something faster ...lol with my rig ....dont have to cranck lol:chainsaw:

Hopefully it is a picture with this.
Took a couple tries to figure out :dizzy:

Last edited:
Hi All:
I have 3 ways to bring in the logs:
This is the Norwood skidding arch: works great on the smaller logs and I can zip up the road at 20 mph (if no one is looking) //

DSCF0009-3.jpg

This is my favorite an old Public survice pole hauler modified ;

DCP00153.jpg

readytohaul-2.jpg

goodloadforATV2.jpg

And this if the going is rough and the logs are big ///

DSCF0040-2.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

I make 2x4's or 2x6's...lots and lots of them lol

Rob

Bustin out da Lumbah!:chainsaw:

I restacked and moved every stick of lumber I have cut tonight...jeez it piles up phast...:jawdrop: but I'm smilin'....even though the sopping wet 13ft 1x8 weigh a ton...

see..it turns out my clever plan for stacking lumber sucked.:censored:

I like the WIDE Pine boards as well as the dem. stuff. EPA
Sawing up the big logs

DSCN0500.jpg

milling a 30”+ Pine
DSCF0034-1.jpg

nice 12”x 12” x 24’ beams
24ftbeams.jpg

My new shop all from pine//
DSCF0015-1.jpg

Jeez...you are one busy termite...can i retire already?:dizzy:

three years and 7 months.

you could send those beams over here...since I'm gonna heist your
sawshed plan anyway...:greenchainsaw:

Zopi: The beams are a story themselves--I spent 6 hrs on the first from tree to stickers--about 5 hrs ea for the others--I was going to price them at $250.00 ea but called a local big mill (the only one making these) for his price//--He says " lets see 12" x12" x 24 ' long----$403.00 ea." needless to say my price went up a little // EPA

1.39 a bd ft at his price..still pretty good from what I have heard...I would
expect a premium on the size of the timber...atsa big baseball bat..

if I did the math right...

I've got a pine out here that i'm gonna get four 17 ft 2x10 out of..headers for the shed...

Nice toys, EPA!:clap:

Welcome to AS. I've have looked at some of your post and pictures (and copied a few) on the other forum before. You really have it figured out. :cheers:

Last edited:
I put a picture on before but took a couple tries to get it figured out.

This one is the log on top , the other pic ( a couple post back ) log is on ramps.

9000 mile marker electric. The battery is mounted between frame and axles. The 100' of cable is why a winch that big. Its amazing just how short 100' is though.

I put a picture on before but took a couple tries to get it figured out.

This one is the log on top , the other pic ( a couple post back ) log is on ramps.

Backwood,

Nice trailer for bringing home the goods. I have three military axles with all the bearings and hubs I could build something like you've done. Thanks for posting the picture.

jerry-

Back