Longer bar...less reaching.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cord arrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
thought i was the only one that did this:

attachment.php

That reminds me that my C5 whacked a guy's leg off way back when it was my dad's. Seems he loaned it to somebody and they were reaching and cutting over their head. When it cut through it continued downward (still running WFO) and through his leg below the knee before he could stop it.

I can't imagine trying to run that heavy beast out in front of me over my head.

Why don't you cut the log where it meets the trunk then cut it into log lengths. Way safer..less saw dust into the eyes. At any rate cut the log out of the sky before doing that. I'd call that chainsaw roulette!!!
play safe.

slipknot said:
Why don't you cut the log where it meets the trunk then cut it into log lengths. Way safer..less saw dust into the eyes. At any rate cut the log out of the sky before doing that. I'd call that chainsaw roulette!!!
play safe.
Nah, thats too simple. I'd do it like you suggest though. safer, easier and less tiring on the body.

A materials supplier at a place I worked did this and somehow his saw kicked back and hit him across the face, vertically of course. Opened his forehead, orbit around one eye, cut thru his cheek and damaged some teeth. Spent a year going thru reconstructive surgery. They managed to save his eye. I'd never done something like that, but any time I am even remotely tempted about that "one" quick cut on a limb above me, just that one little bitty thing, I remember the guy and don't do it.

Latest posts

Back