Look what I found!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lly_duramax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My buddy brought this to me yesterday. He found it covered up with leaves in his uncles woodshed. It will run if you squirt mix in the carb, I am thinking it could use some fuel lines. This will be my first fixer upper project.

005.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Fuel line and carb overhaul kit should get it back on its feet.

I am planning on fuel lines and a carb kit for sure. The saw needs to be cleaned up and gone through. I know it needs a handlebar, chain brake handle, and the band for the chain brake is gone. I dont have a compression tester, but this thing has tons of compression.

Your friend gave you that saw? Nice!

That muffler opening is impressive. Is there anything in the muffler other than a dirt dobbers' nest, or is it basically empty?

look at you, you lucky rascal, that's a pretty sweet score. It should have gobs of power once you get the squirrel nests and petrified gunk out of it

awesome find !

I agree , go thru it with a fine toothed comb
you wont believe all the things that have nested in there and can cause damage and overheating

:eek:uttahere2:
mike

I havent had a chance to go through it yet, but I plan to at least clean it up tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics of it cleaned up and make a complete parts list of what it needs.

Awesome score. Looking forward to following this post through the build.

Alright guys I got the saw torn most of the way down today. I'll have to make a tool to pull the flywheel tonight at work. I tried using a harmonic balancer puller but the holes were spaced to far apart. The piston looks pretty good with only a few scratches and the cylinder looks awesome. You can still see all the cross hatches in the walls. Here are the pics I took, sorry about the quality all I had was my cellphone.

Here are all the pieces:
saws005.jpg

saws006.jpg

Here is the exhaust side of the piston:
saws007.jpg

Intake side:
saws008.jpg

Cylinder pics:
saws009.jpg

saws010.jpg

Crank seal on oiler side looks ok but prolly will replace it:
saws012.jpg

Crank bearings look kinda gritty, but they feel smooth:
saws015.jpg

Guys I am gonna need some help finding parts. I know right off I need a carb kit for the Tillotsen carb. I need a handle half or full, and I need a chain brake band. The seal on the outside of the oiler between the clutch drum and oiler need replaced. I'll try to get a pic of this because I an not sure what to call it. Thanks.

Great looking big husky project :)
I would think Baileys would have some of your stuff.
Maybe post up in the swap meet for parts

Good luck!

I think I can get the carb kit from Baileys, but I am gonna have to hunt pretty hard for the handle and chain brake band. I can make a chainbrake handle at work, we have a nice tubing bender and tig welder.

[QUOTE= I'll have to make a tool to pull the flywheel tonight at work. I tried using a harmonic balancer puller but the holes were spaced to far apart.

nice project,,, if you haven't made flywheel puller yet,,, try a steering wheel puller,,, i've used it on lots of small flywheels,,,
good luck.

Latest posts

Back