Look what the saw fairy brought me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian99574

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Guess what i recieved when i got home last night? My new Masterminded 260 along with a couple new Sugihara lightweight bars in 20" and 25" form. Heading out today to put it to the test. Tried it last night buried in a 30" spruce (no hardwooods here in Alaska) cutting from both sides with a 16" bar and it just chewed its way through it like a hot knife through butter. I've also got a Masterminded 261 hybrid to compare it to today. They will both be wearing a 20" 3/8's bar. I'll try to get a video today. Heres some pics fresh out of the box. Enjoy!20150411_194012.jpg 20150411_194002.jpg 20150411_194111.jpg 20150411_194024.jpg 20150411_194039.jpg 20150411_194336.jpg 20150411_194057.jpg

Attachments

• 20150411_194002.jpg
    20150411_194002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20150411_194039.jpg
    20150411_194039.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 21
Nice saw man, but what the f&&&k do you guys do to your truck boxes to make them look that messed up on the inside? I dropped tons of river rock in my lanscape trucks before I could afford dump inserts and they still didnt look like that!

Guess what i recieved when i got home last night? My new Masterminded 260 along with a couple new Sugihara lightweight bars in 20" and 25" form. Heading out today to put it to the test. Tried it last night buried in a 30" spruce (no hardwooods here in Alaska) cutting from both sides with a 16" bar and it just chewed its way through it like a hot knife through butter.

C'mon! You know alder is a hardwood, so is birch...hell, anything without a needle is considered hardwood here!!

Nice saw man, but what the f&&&k do you guys do to your truck boxes to make them look that messed up on the inside? I dropped tons of river rock in my lanscape trucks before I could afford dump inserts and they still didnt look like that!

it was a lil messed up when i bought it 8 years ago. previous owner was a electrical contractor(so i was told).. told the saleman i didnt mind beccause i only bought the truck to haul firewood in rounds and split. have hauled several hundred loads of wood with it since. amazing what large rounds 24" and bigger will do when dropped in a truck bed. its been a great rig and it does the job. ive thought of buying a flatbed just havent dropped the cash yet to do it. im working on buying a 16' flat trailer to haul wood instead of just in the bed. figure ive gotten my money worth out of the truck with all firewood its hauled, most of the loads went for $250 a load split. took less than two years to pay truck off hauling firewood here locally in Cordova. its taken its toll on the leaf springs and truck never came with overloads. gonna replace all 4 springs in next few weeks and keep on cutting and hauling.

C'mon! You know alder is a hardwood, so is birch...hell, anything without a needle is considered hardwood here!!

dont have much alder down here bigger than 4 inch and no birch to speak of either. got spruce and hemlocks though with the spruce up to 6' across. these smaller saws are amazing how fast they cut through wood up to 20" without slowing down. almost use them 75% of the time and run the bigger saws for the butt pieces and falling the trees. dont get to cut a lot of larger trees bigger than 24" in the designated wood cutting areas for harvesting firewood but any chance i get i take to cut a big tree down i do just for thrill and excitement. got my eye on a 5-6 foot spruce id like to drop this summer before they do a pavin job on the road its on. wonder how many cord a guy could get out of tree that big that looks to be 120-150 foot tall roughly. never tried to measure height but i know my 32" bar isnt going to cut through both sides to fall it. might look into a 42" bar to help drop that one if the opportunity arises. ill get pics of the tree when i get a chance with my 3' foot bar next to it and let you see what you think.

dont have much alder down here bigger than 4 inch and no birch to speak of either. got spruce and hemlocks though with the spruce up to 6' across. these smaller saws are amazing how fast they cut through wood up to 20" without slowing down. almost use them 75% of the time and run the bigger saws for the butt pieces and falling the trees. dont get to cut a lot of larger trees bigger than 24" in the designated wood cutting areas for harvesting firewood but any chance i get i take to cut a big tree down i do just for thrill and excitement. got my eye on a 5-6 foot spruce id like to drop this summer before they do a pavin job on the road its on. wonder how many cord a guy could get out of tree that big that looks to be 120-150 foot tall roughly. never tried to measure height but i know my 32" bar isnt going to cut through both sides to fall it. might look into a 42" bar to help drop that one if the opportunity arises. ill get pics of the tree when i get a chance with my 3' foot bar next to it and let you see what you think.

If I could cut a tree 36" across it would be a miracle, and be reason for some serious wood...er...I mean, elation. I have been told there are many up a little north, and was going to go look but not enough snow this year, or last for that matter. I cannot even conceive of anything as huge as you are describing; only seen them in photos.

That 260 should do you double duty now that Randy worked it over. They are very capable saws, more capable than many people know and once ported they can accomplish a lot more. I really like your coastal environment even though its a tad damp but that`s what grows the trees on your coast. Hope to get back out your way again soon, love the ferry rides and exploring the interior roadways.

Latest posts

Back