Looking for a New Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RichL

RichL

ArboristSite Lurker
I am planning to purchase a new log splitter in the 22 ton-30 ton range this fall. I will probably split up to ten cords of wood a season. What kind of features and specs should I look for?
My price limit is about $1600. Anyone have any experience with some of those Chinese knockoffs that I've seen at some of the big boxes and farm and ranch outlets?

Thanks

WAPITI39

WAPITI39

ArboristSite Lurker
I recently purchased the 28 ton Speeco with the 10.5 Horse Briggs. It has Electric start ( not necessary) and a splitter table. Very impressed this far. I paid right around $1700 for it.

phidelt1736

phidelt1736

ArboristSite Lurker
I recently purchased a 35 ton speeco on sale at coastal farm for 1600. It has split everything I've thrown at it and has a decent cycle time. I was originally looking for a 22 ton speeco due to a lot of posts on this site but the price difference with the sale was only 200. And like a lot of people on here I have a lot of wood so I figured it was worth the extra money. I would definitely recommend this brand splitter based on my experience although I cannot speak about it's longevity at this point.

Last edited: