• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for a wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead500

Sasquatch
Reaction score
i'm lookin for a wood splitter in the tn,nc,va region.cant afford anything over $1000.

Try craigslist or go to auctionzip and look for local aUctions with a log splitter listed. Thats if used will do.

Thanks guys.Yeah a used one would be fine.I may check into the Tractor Supply Credit card.I hate to go in debt but may do it anyway.It's getting late in the year and I'm oing to have to split a ton of wood.Girlfriend moved into a cold drafty house on the side of the mountain with her Disabled dad and her daughter.isn't worry about it but I am.

Thanks guys.Yeah a used one would be fine.I may check into the Tractor Supply Credit card.I hate to go in debt but may do it anyway.It's getting late in the year and I'm oing to have to split a ton of wood.Girlfriend moved into a cold drafty house on the side of the mountain with her Disabled dad and her daughter.isn't worry about it but I am.

Hey- For the last several years I have also run a small private Firewood business- Check with Lowe's if you have one near you. Several years ago I bought a 27 Ton Vertical & Horizontal Troy-Bilt Splitter (some have Briggs&Stratton, some have Honda motors- mine has the Briggs). I got it on sale (at a great price) and it has paid for itself several times over every Firewood Season. I service it regularly and it spits 20-30 cords a year with no issues- basically has been bullet proof. From time to time- I have seen Lowe's selling returned units (that were too big/much) for customers for even less than I paid for mine on sale. Good Luck!
Scott

Another option for you is to look at your local hardware/rental store and see how much it is to rent a log splitter for a day. Around me it is $55 for a day. So I am stock piling my wood and I will split it all in one maybe two days.

Thanks for the help guys.I've been thinking of going into the Bundled Firewood business.there are a few stores around here that isn't selling bundled firewood in a prime area.There have been people come in and ask for bundled firewood and they turn them away without any help.I'm a regular Customer at that store and know the owners and operators pretty well.I've searched online for the best deals.I do have home depot,Lowesnorthern and tractor supply in my area.BUT the Tractor Supply Huskie splitters look to be made out of Chinese parts.the Swisher splitters look to be made in the states but they only sell them online for major amounts after adding shipping and Delivery.Looks like Home Depot has the best deals with shipping.I'll probably go with an Ariens brand from them.

I'll probably get flamed for this...But...
What ever you do, stay away from the TSC $999.00 Huskee splitter. They are JUNK!
TSC knows nothing about them, so they are no support to the product. SpeeCo did very little to support their product.
I sold mine at a $150 loss, and was glad to get rid of it.

You've all been warned, so I'm not responsible for not sharing what I know, and warning you.
Carry on.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back