Looking for chainsaw cut resistant gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laneman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After years of running saws in jeans and a t-shirt, I've decided to armor up. Having trouble finding some serious gloves though. I'm surprised this is so difficult. I'm looking everywhere for for gloves that will protect both sides of both hands from the saw. Most gloves I see protect top of left hand only, which to me is ridiculous. At this point I'm looking at chainmail gloves on Amazon. Any ideas?

After years of running saws in jeans and a t-shirt, I've decided to armor up. Having trouble finding some serious gloves though. I'm surprised this is so difficult. I'm looking everywhere for for gloves that will protect both sides of both hands from the saw. Most gloves I see protect top of left hand only, which to me is ridiculous. At this point I'm looking at chainmail gloves on Amazon. Any ideas?

Chainsaws are designed to have both hands on it while cutting.

I think that gloves with any level of real chainsaw protection would be so thick you couldn't even handle a saw...

Welcome to A.S.!

‘Cut resistant’ means different things in different industries. It depends on whether the cut is from a sharp edge, like a knife, or a broken piece of glass, versus a running chainsaw.

For chainsaws ‘cut resistant’ means fibers that will clog and jam the saw, causing it to stall out. I would not recommend chain mail, or gloves with stainless steel threads, for this use.

I have seen chainsaw protective gloves with the fibers on the backs of both hands, but do not recall seeing any that have the fibers on the palms.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back