Looking for Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just what it says

Need help on an on and off per deim basis in the wood yard making rounds out of treelength.

Pretty simple requirements, if you can run a saw and enjoy it take a look.

1- Need PPE. I can supply hearing and eye, but you need your own chaps and boots.
2- No booze or drugs.
3- Able to cut wood to consistent length. Mostly 16 to 18 inch, have a few orders for 19 to 20, inch and 13 to 14 inch.
I really don't care how you do it as long as it's consistent, if not, will ask you to leave. Way to much money tied up
in the wood to make scrap. Customers want quality.
4- Ends must be square. 4-way does not tolerate angled faces, therefore I don't either.
5- Leave the kids at home. Sorry but the wood yard is not a playground, way to dangerous and I'm not used to
looking out for them.
6- Not a GTG, one person at a time only.
7- Your saw, my saw, I don't care. Mix and B&C oil supplied or use your own.
8- Biggy here, if you say your going to show, show up. I need help this time of year, no show, no return.
9- This time of year I start around 7:30 or 8:00 and knock off at lunchtime due to heat and old age.

Later will need help with deliveries, and rigging take downs on a land clearing job this fall.

Located 10 minutes southeast off Exit 73, I-84 in CT.
Send a PM if you wish to discuss.

Take Care

Get a small processor, way cheaper in the long run, no gov associated taxes and book keeping and the big one "Insurance". I know under the table looks good- until somehow you get caught or someone gets hurt, then the processor will look mighty cheap. Log processing / firewood is a secondary operation for a lot of the landscape/tree service co as a way to keep employees busy in off season. Employees are expensive. ( there are no known limits on Murphy's creative genius).

Latest posts

Back