looking for ideas on modding a 2016 ms461r saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigric954rr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I brought a 461r saw last year looking to do some easy safe mods. i love the saw but my little rancher55 cuts almost a fast. it is very modded.

i live near pendleton oregon. 97810 are they are good saw porter near me ?

any tips on mods ?

I brought a 461r saw last year looking to do some easy safe mods. i love the saw but my little rancher55 cuts almost a fast. it is very modded.

i live near pendleton oregon. 97810 are they are good saw porter near me ?

any tips on mods ?
Muffler mod; inexpensive & helpful. Take off muff use abrasive of your choice to match gasket to exhaust port in cylinder , flip gasket to find how much to open muff inlet for easy flow after whatever is in that muffler is thrown away. May require cutting/grinding in close quarters, worth the effort. My 661 needed no tune, prolly 461 has no screws either. You will enjoy what happens to that saw, only a start. A search for modding (search forums) will add more info.
Enjoy & play safe

Muffler mod; inexpensive & helpful. Take off muff use abrasive of your choice to match gasket to exhaust port in cylinder , flip gasket to find how much to open muff inlet for easy flow after whatever is in that muffler is thrown away. May require cutting/grinding in close quarters, worth the effort. My 661 needed no tune, prolly 461 has no screws either. You will enjoy what happens to that saw, only a start. A search for modding (search forums) will add more info.
Enjoy & play safe

The 461 does in fact have screws instead of a computer to adjust the carb. You'll usually have to give it some more fuel after a muffler mod.

Lol not trying trying to save to much time it would be nice but the saw just feels like it should have a little more power.

looking for a good dual port muffler now any good links or ideas where to get one ?

also thinking about bumping the timing up a little?
maybe delete base gasket to increase compression a little

ebay's got a bunch of dual port mufflers for the 461. same muffler as 440, 460, 044 046 are all interchangeable ~$20

Latest posts

Back