Looking for new saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a El cheapo I have a husqvarna 450 that turns 12800 I like alot better then the new stihl 261 I had that plastic saw eats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My vote is for a 562 OR it's "cousin" the Jonsered 2260!

standard.jpg

I love my 2260, it really does have good power to weight!

standard.jpg

SR

That is pretty good considering list is 369. I would think spike60 could probably be somewhere in that range too.
Manufacturer refurbished what that listing says

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "cousin "? Are they both made by the same people or are they just really close in comparison?

They ARE made by the same people, the only real difference is, the 562 has a large bar mount and the 2260 has the smaller bar mount, they have the same motor...

I like the smaller bar mount, because I can use the same bar's that's on my Husky 55 and 550xp, also a Jonsered dealer on line was running a screaming deal on 2260's, so I took advantage of it...

The 2260 is really a Husky 560, that never made it to the US...

SR

They ARE made by the same people, the only real difference is, the 562 has a large bar mount and the 2260 has the smaller bar mount, they have the same motor...

I like the smaller bar mount, because I can use the same bar's that's on my Husky 55 and 550xp, also a Jonsered dealer on line was running a screaming deal on 2260's, so I took advantage of it...

SR
Although the small mount bar was intriguing I really prefer orange saws so went for the Husky. The 560 would have been the choice for me had it been available stateside so I could swap bars with the 550. Although with as well as it pulls the 20" bar I would have no problem throwing a 24" on if needed.

I am confused. What makes a small mount bar more useful? My Husky 555 has a small mount and I am having trouble finding bars over 20 inches that will fit it.

I am confused. What makes a small mount bar more useful? My Husky 555 has a small mount and I am having trouble finding bars over 20 inches that will fit it.
The answer was already stated... The use of the same bars from other saws he and I both own, like the 550xp...

SR

I got the 562 because I already had large mount bars to fit it. The small mount bar of the 555 would not have helped me because I run .325 chain on my 550 and I would rather run 3/8 chain on a 60 cc saw. I believe Left Coast supply has a small mount 24" bar.

I'm running 3/8 chain on my 550xp with a 16" bar, it runs it perfectly! ALL of my helpers LOVE the 3/8-16" combo, so I put a 16" bar on my Husky 55 and got another go-a-round of praises...

SR

SR

Wait...it has small bar mounts?

So it is essentially a red 555? I was not aware of that. I just thought it was a smaller packaged 562.

Wait...it has small bar mounts?

So it is essentially a red 555? I was not aware of that. I just thought it was a smaller packaged 562.
No, it's a 562 with a small bar mount, (aka 560) NOT a 555....and yes there is a difference between a 555 and a 560...

SR

Just because the 555 doesn't have the XP in its name does not mean it isn't a pro-level saw.

Back