Looking for new saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because the 555 doesn't have the XP in its name does not mean it isn't a pro-level saw.
Throw your 555 on a scale and then throw my 2260 on the same scale... You are in for a big surprise!

SR

I will go cut 4 tons of firewood with my 6100 while you guys argue about a few ounces. Lol. Then I will finish the day off with a couple sets of 12oz curls.

Yes a bit & the 555 is lighter than a 562 also because of the small bar mount.

The 562xp/555 and the 2258/2260 are all essentially the same saw with minor differences.
The 562xp is the only one of the bunch with the large bar mount, thus making it a few ounces heavier.

I almost bought a 555, I think the mfg. rates them something like 1/2 pound heavier than a 2260, but when I held them, they felt even heavier than that, at least to ME...

Still, half pound is a half pound, and my wore out back needs all the help it can get... lol

SR

I almost bought a 555, I think the mfg. rates them 1/2 pound heavier than a 2260, but when I held them, they felt even heavier than that, at least to ME...

Still, half pound is a half pound, and my wore out back needs all the help it can get... lol

SR
2260 and 555 weigh virtually the same, despite what the specs state.

Let's see... Even though the MFG. of BOTH saws says, among other things, that the 555 is heavier, makes LESS power and is rated for SHORTER bars. YOU say, they are "minor" differences and are "essentially the same saw". OK then.... lol

I guess Husky just doesn't know what they are talking about... AND neither do I, because to me, after looking at/handleing all three saws (2260, 555, 562) I bought the "higher priced spread". lol

SR

Husqvarna owns Jonsred & makes all the saws mentioned. They make the specs on the saws and those specs are not 100% accurate. The specs tend to be more for marketing than real life stuff, but is somewhat of a guide line for comparing... The actual weights of all these saws have been posted, but I'm not spending the time to find them. lol

Husqvarna owns Jonsred & makes all the saws mentioned. They make the specs on the saws and those specs are not 100% accurate. The specs tend to be more for marketing than real life stuff, but is somewhat of a guide line for comparing... The actual weights of all these saws have been posted, but I'm not spending the time to find them. lol
Sunfish I agree with you. I'm lol'ing about this though, you're starting to sound like Sawtroll.[emoji6]

No, it's a 562 with a small bar mount, (aka 560) NOT a 555....and yes there is a difference between a 555 and a 560...

SR
I just checked the difference in specs. on the 555 vs. the 562XP. The 555 is listed as a 10 oz lighter power head but also has a 0.4 HP lower power rating (4.3 vs. 4.7) Maybe the heavier power head is because of the larger bar mount requiring more metal? Who knows exactly why? Both engines are nominal 60 cc at fractions of a cc less than 60 and both have the auto-tune feature. Judging by the identical displacement it looks like the 555 is mostly a detuned 562XP although there are obviously some other differences adding up to that extra 10 ounces. The Jonsered 2260 looks a lot like the 562XP in terms of power and has a weight between the 555 and the 562.

I cannot imagine that the bar mount would make that much difference. I would bet the weight savings is in the bar itself when considering a fully assembled saw.

I'm happy to drain fluids and weigh my 562 on an accurate scale. Anyone have a 555, 2258, or 2260 and access to a good scale?

The 555 is lighter mostly because of the small bar mount, but crank stuffers & high top filter add to it also.

The 2260 is a very good choice if wanting 562 power and close to 555 weight.

Of course the Jonsered is lighter. Everybody knows red is lighter than orange. It makes Sportscars faster for the same reason. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back