Looking for new Work boots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Carolinas I used to get them for about 130.00 from the shoe repair shop up the road from me but the style I like is discontinued and most of the Carolinas I've seen are now made in China, a no no for me. I do see the ones I like on Ebay but usually not in my size.

I was thinking about trying a pair of these:
http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?catid=12&subcatid=15&level3=33&productid=452[/URL]

Has anyone else tried or heard anything about them?

I just bought some Carolinas in early December. I shopped a long time as money is extremely tight for me and all the "good" looking boots were over $150, some way over that. These Carolinas were on sale $30 off, plus free shipping, plus another $15 for using a certain credit card. That put them at $85. I had never had a pair of Carolinas nor do I know anyone who has, so I was taking a chance. So far, three months into them, they seem really good and appear to be well made. Ask me again in a year, but so far they were a great deal and I am completely happy. They were a bit stiffer at first than other boots I've bought and it took a few weeks of wearing before they loosened up; maybe that is a good sign, I don't know. I actually wore them casually around the house some just to get more time breaking them in. Now they feel fine....

Last edited:
whites fits all feet. ive seen guys with difrent length leggs from accidents, whites fixes em right up, they will even mold your feet to build your boots if need be. then build the boots to mold of your feet.

****. I just looked at my Carolinas. Made in farking China. :bang:
I just assumed with that name that they were made here.

Merrells all the way!!! Cant say enough about the warranty and customer service. Good for hooks and footlockin. You know how oaks get slippery when they are wet. merrells stick like glue. I know a guy who got 7 pairs through his warranty. I think thats a bit exesive considering one pair has lasted me 4.5 years in the woods and were 100% waterproof most that time(hooked my boot ina sweetgum). I want a sponsership for whatever it is Im good at. heh heh heh

website

Check out this web site for boots, shoes, socks, carhart and other outdoor gear. I always get shoes with gore-tex and I love the performance. They have http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ great sales and customer service. I buy most of my boots from them.

I'm a big fan of the Timberland Pro boots as well. They are excellent supporters of community service programs and are major supporters of the National FFA Organization.
I've got a couple of pairs and both are holding up very nicely... one pair is over 3 years old and the other pair is just over 1 year old now.
Very comfortable and they wear very nicely.

TFB

Wolverines.

Best cushion system in the world. Get the steel toe and it may save your foot one day.

I never thought I would find a "comfortable" shoe, these are.

Give em a try. Made in USA. Expensive in the $150+ range.

or the steel toes my cut your toes off depending on what you drop on them

or the steel toes my cut your toes off depending on what you drop on them

If it's bad enough to do that, you can be sure your toes were history anyways.

My suggestion is to avoid goretex IF you haven't already tried a goretex boot before. If you have sweaty feet at all, they'll be twice as bad with goretex.

Wesco or Hoffman boots I've got a pair of Bolth

The Hoffmans are factory second lace to toe loggers that are 10" with deep lug vibram soles paid $185 with shipping very nice I'll keep ya updated new as of january 14th taking them to Alaska next month..

The wesco's are 16" loggers I just had rebuilt with the deep vibram sole they are three and a half years old and comfy as house slippers. my buddy gave em to me the resole cost $64 dollars at shoe stop in Bellingham, Wa.
:yoyo:

BTW I found the fac second Hoffies on the closeout page at hoffmanboots.com

Last edited:
If it's bad enough to do that, you can be sure your toes were history anyways.

My suggestion is to avoid goretex IF you haven't already tried a goretex boot before. If you have sweaty feet at all, they'll be twice as bad with goretex.

You need different socks. I have the sweatiest feet in the world, and after spending money on good wick dry, polypro, merino wool socks I have not had itchy sweaty feet since. That is wearing Goretex boots during fore season too.

Redwing all the way. I use to wear Timberland Pro boots and I loved them, but I would go through 2 pairs a year. I then tryed Redwings, they were more expensive but the last pair lasted me for 3 years. I work on a farm so the boots do not have the best life, and they still last me 3 years.

Boots

I have used steel toe, felt lined Fireman's boots (like Wellingtons) when there is snow on the ground for years and have just purchased a new Cat boot which has a steel toe and Metatarsal protection and an oil resistant sole. They seem to be comfortable and will protect the top of my foot from chunk drops and mall or axe contact.

http://www.constructiongear.com/caterpillar-metatarsal-boots.html

Cost $110.00

Whites

One pair 10-11th year. Worn all the time. One rebuild 5 years ago.
Best boots I've had, better on than off. Kinda spendy, no doubt about it.
No toe caps

Other pair caulk Pacs just for the wet and ice.

I see prices are up since back then. I'd still do it.

i have almost flat feet and love the USA made Red Wings. i bought the pair i have now 2 years ago. im a caprenter and wore on the toes bad, but some "boot gaurd" fixed them right up, wear em all the time, better than my slippers

I prefer a low heel, and have been wearing Corcoran Field Boots for several years. They are the most comfortable boots I have found for walking in the woods all day, are OK for firefighting, and are made in the USA. I get mine from the Cavalry Store. They run about $140 now, but the Cav store frequently has 10 or 15% off promotions. Try them on in a surplus store so you can find the right sizee without having to mail them back and forth a couple times. They have a double toe, but no steel.

Latest posts

Back