Looking for Soft Dutchman against the Lean Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that's magic alright. Perhap you believers could explain or show a diagram how the C of G passes from one side of the butt to the other, making a vid showing time wasting at the butt of a tree doesn't really do much except get the gullible in.
Fansk

Whats magic? A tree is round, 360 degrees. Roll that joker around the stump, turn it. Or beat your brains out, I won't stop you!

Whats magic? A tree is round, 360 degrees. Roll that joker around the stump, turn it. Or beat your brains out, I won't stop you!
Thats not much of an explanation, can you do a little better to try & convert a non believer. At least Penn & Teller reveal how the magic is done!
Tanks

Yep that's magic alright. Perhap you believers could explain or show a diagram how the C of G passes from one side of the butt to the other, making a vid showing time wasting at the butt of a tree doesn't really do much except get the gullible in.
Fansk
Watch the kerfs closing and opening that will show you where the tree is leaning, pretty simple really.

Wasting time at the stump! Ha! I cut more in a week than you do all year. Beating wedges all day is wasting time and your body. Fatigue and time are your biggest enemies when busheling.

Maybe you should really shut your yap and give it a try once

I'll put my two cents in take it or leave it, there's times and places for a swinging dutchman there's also time you have to use wedges or a jack for back leaners perfect example is a line or a power line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This tree was standing on the east side of a little dry creek and leaning west with the crown over the creek. Using a soft Dutch combined with a Siz, the entire crown landed on the east side (where my burn-pile is). The video makes it clear I can't really even handle a saw. I routinely can turn small trees leaning out over my fence lines back onto my side, and I certainly ain't no pro.

Watch the kerfs closing and opening that will show you where the tree is leaning, pretty simple really.

Wasting time at the stump! Ha! I cut more in a week than you do all year. Beating wedges all day is wasting time and your body. Fatigue and time are your biggest enemies when busheling.

Maybe you should really shut your yap and give it a try once
Come on, surely you with your college edumacation can do a rough diagram with a plan & elevation of how the c of g of a leaning tree can pass from one side to the other of the butt with only cutting, to another college educated person, with units done in surveying & engineering, sitting on the front row of the magic show doesn't make it anymore believable for me, so your vids & the others are just entertainment at best, I run my own sawmill so these days I only cut & snig 20m3 in an afternoon a week to keep me busy, which is far from the days of getting 60m3 in 8 hrs on the landing which I used to do, I'll leave the rooting bars experiments for when I get fat, cant swing an axe to drive in a wedge a few times & can afford it. Thansk

Come on, surely you with your college edumacation can do a rough diagram with a plan & elevation of how the c of g of a leaning tree can pass from one side to the other of the butt with only cutting, to another college educated person, with units done in surveying & engineering, sitting on the front row of the magic show doesn't make it anymore believable for me, so your vids & the others are just entertainment at best, I run my own sawmill so these days I only cut & snig 20m3 in an afternoon a week to keep me busy, which is far from the days of getting 60m3 in 8 hrs on the landing which I used to do, I'll leave the rooting bars experiments for when I get fat, cant swing an axe to drive in a wedge a few times & can afford it. Thansk
I've always enjoyed a heated debate and when I do get into it I am rarely wrong. If you can't see what's going on with the kerfs opening and closing I'm not sure what to tell you. It's made as plain and simple as elementary math.

I'll put my two cents in take it or leave it, there's times and places for a swinging dutchman there's also time you have to use wedges or a jack for back leaners perfect example is a line or a power line.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That's right on man. Wedge in real close timber too when there is no room for the tree to lean out to come around on the swing. Property lines, etc.

This tree was standing on the east side of a little dry creek and leaning west with the crown over the creek. Using a soft Dutch combined with a Siz, the entire crown landed on the east side (where my burn-pile is). The video makes it clear I can't really even handle a saw. I routinely can turn small trees leaning out over my fence lines back onto my side, and I certainly ain't no pro.

Nice work Jon. How would you describe the feeling you get when you watch one lean out, then swing around and hit the intended lay just like you planned?

Clearly we are all bored. Otherwise I never would have posted that video. Need to shake things up with Reggie every once in a while. Nothing serious. Only funnin.

Clearly we are all bored. Otherwise I never would have posted that video. Need to shake things up with Reggie every once in a while. Nothing serious. Only funnin.

What area do you work?

In blue gum (most brittle fibres I've encountered...so far) the difference between initiating movement and breaking tension wood is way too narrow for plebs like me. The fence in the background is proof that luck ain't all bad all the time.
sizSoftWedge.jpg

Latest posts

Back